News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Space Coast Road Meet Saturday September 28

Started by roadman65, September 23, 2013, 01:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

If anyone interested in getting together this coming Saturday in Titusville, FL for a road meet, then just bring yourself.   It will be and a couple of others on this forum just for something small and to check out some of the new things happening over on the Space Coast including the new I-95 widening in Brevard County that a big stretch has been completed.

Just hit me here or drop a post, and we would love to have you join.  The meeting place has yet to be determined, but as soon as I talk to flaroads I will post it for sure.  I will make it for the AM around 10 AM and hopefully we can all talk as well as see.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

Time change:  it will be at 12 Noon because flaroads needs extra travel time from the other coast.  It will be at Cracker Barrel on FL 50 in Titusville at the I-95 interchange.

Sheryl Crowe

jpi

Thank you for supporting my place of employement! :-) I f I was able to attend we would all get 35% off our meal and any gift shop purchases! :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Alps

Quote from: jpi on September 26, 2013, 09:22:56 PM
Thank you for supporting my place of employement! :-) I f I was able to attend we would all get 35% off our meal and any gift shop purchases! :-)
I don't go to chains anymore, but gee, 35% off? Take me there!

FLRoads

Mini road meet from yesterday went fairly well, sans the intermittent rain throughout the late morning and afternoon. It was a small group (Alex, roadman65, and myself) but it worked well with what we wanted to cover. We rephotographed Interstate 95 north and south through Brevard County as well as doing some poking around the Titusville and Merritt Island/Cape Canaveral areas. Construction projects are also under way to continue expanding I-95 out to six lanes in the northern and southern reaches of the county, with projected completions in 2014 (south portion) to 2016 (north section). The northern section is part of a much larger project stemming from Florida 406 (Exit 220) to Florida 44 (Exit 249).

New assembly along the departure ramp for Florida 407 showing the new style of toll shield for Florida 528. Movement is now allowed between Interstate 95 north and Florida 407 south to backtrack to Toll Florida 528 west.

More are posted in an album on the AARoads facebook page for those who wish to view them.

roadman65

Great trip we had!  It was so cool covering all of I-95 in Brevard County, FL as well as the 404 causeway in mid Brevard, and parts of US 1 from Scotsmore to SR 528 as well as the 528/A1A duplex across Merrit Island and into the north section of Port Canaveral along the short SR 401. 

We did not clinch all of SR 401 for fear of the Air Force MP's giving us trouble photographing the area near the entrance to Canaveral AFS.  However, we did cover the signs around the cruise terminals.  Unfortunately there were no ships in port as they were all out, but it was worth it road wise!

We are planning more outings soon.  Either Fort Myers, Lakeland, Ocala, or even NE FLA or eventually all real soon.  We have someone interested in Miami area that was in contact with flaroads who would have love to come out this past weekend, but could not make it.   Hopefully next time we can get more involved as the  more the merrier and that we can do more exciting things as well.

Even the mini meets are good as within a month or so, we will be planing something local around Central Florida or Polk County that some of you would be welcome.  We'll keep it posted here.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.