San Luis Obispo County Measure J-16 & CA 46 Expressway

Started by ACSCmapcollector, October 08, 2016, 08:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Mods, there any way all these threads can be merged together?  All of them are related and don't require a new thread for a slight variation of thought, I at least that's my opinion. 

noelbotevera

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: noelbotevera on October 13, 2016, 07:39:39 PM
Don't you realize that you're not helping?

Who me?  I am not at fault. Don't waste my time please.  It should be merged into the one I have already written this past weekend, but I am really not at fault for my correction, thank you.  Thank you Max, for my understand it should be merged now.   :colorful:

Max Rockatansky

Actually to the contrary whenever someone has requested a reasonable merge or thread lock for duplication it seems to have been granted.  It's just a little aggravating to see this over and over with the same topics or a slight variation.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 13, 2016, 07:58:01 PM

Actually to the contrary whenever someone has requested a reasonable merge or thread lock for duplication it seems to have been granted.  It's just a little aggravating to see this over and over with the same topics or a slight variation.

I request it too, so Max you can help me this subject matter will be over with.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 13, 2016, 08:00:04 PM

That's not my job to fix your threads for you Scott.  The forum rules are published and anyone can read them.  You could just as easily replied and expanded on your existing thread pertaining to this topic.  For what it's worth I've tried to help and you gotten upset with me.  For what it's worth I probably add too much snark but for the most part I've tried to give you helpful suggestions.  And....I'm not the only member who has tried also, I know frequent posters on this board had tried to help you out.  I guess for me it's getting annoying seeing viable topics get buried.

Really you ought to probably delete this thread and just copy/paste your original note here into your pre-existing thread.  Hell I consolidated all my photo posts into a single thread and they have sometimes wildly different topics.  I didn't want to clog the board up, so I just expand on what I have already.  If someone wants to comment, great bit of not that's cool too.  The point is that it's all in once thread and not multiple.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 13, 2016, 08:08:26 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 13, 2016, 08:00:04 PM

That's not my job to fix your threads for you Scott.  The forum rules are published and anyone can read them.  You could just as easily replied and expanded on your existing thread pertaining to this topic.  For what it's worth I've tried to help and you gotten upset with me.  For what it's worth I probably add too much snark but for the most part I've tried to give you helpful suggestions.  And....I'm not the only member who has tried also, I know frequent posters on this board had tried to help you out.  I guess for me it's getting annoying seeing viable topics get buried.

Really you ought to probably delete this thread and just copy/paste your original note here into your pre-existing thread.  Hell I consolidated all my photo posts into a single thread and they have sometimes wildly different topics.  I didn't want to clog the board up, so I just expand on what I have already.  If someone wants to comment, great bit of not that's cool too.  The point is that it's all in once thread and not multiple.

Ok then one single new subject will be delivered, i think I will copy this letter to the other subject that it will be Measure J-16 will be widening CA 46 East Expressway.

myosh_tino

As I see it, the following topics can all be merged into a single one...

* This one
* Letter about San Luis Obispo County's Measure J-16
* Measure J-16 in San Luis Obispo County will help CA 46 Expressway to be built!

I'd also like to echo Max's sentiments about all of the topics you starting on this board.  Of all the topics you have started over the past few months many of them are related and/or duplicate topics and few are downright nonsense to the point where the only viable response is "Huh?" or "What?".  What you are doing is annoying at best and irritating at worst.  Whether this behavior could lead to a ban is up to the mods.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: myosh_tino on October 13, 2016, 08:24:19 PM

* This one
* Measure J-16 in San Luis Obispo County will help CA 46 Expressway to be built!

I'd also like to echo Max's sentiments about all of the topics you starting on this board.  Of all the topics you have started over the past few months many of them are related and/or duplicate topics and few are downright nonsense to the point where the only viable response is "Huh?" or "What?".  What you are doing is annoying at best and irritating at worst.  Whether this behavior could lead to a ban is up to the mods.

Ok stop making me want to cry, I get it.  I will stick to one subject matters ok!   Just give me time to change.  I will no longer be using my ID name ever again after a ban.  I won't be banned because there is one way to change and that is simple, give me a chance, and I will correct myself with one post only,  the is the end to simple repeating myself as of now, and I am GOING TO DO my best to REALLY correct myself, no mods should ban me when I should be give a chance!!!

myosh_tino

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 13, 2016, 08:27:34 PM

* This one

Ok stop making me want to cry, I get it.  I will stick to one subject matters ok!   Just give me time to change.  I will no longer be using my ID name ever again after a ban.

I never said you will be banned.

Second, I messaged Roadfro (our moderator) asking him to clean up the 3 discussions and get them merged into a single discussion.  So hang tight and wait for that to happen before posting anything further regarding the SLO Measure J-16.

Third, it was not my intention to make you cry.  I was attempting to get you to realize that this is a community and some of us are starting to lose patience with the sheer number of topics you have started over the past few months.  With that said, some of your topics are really good ones that have promoted a meaningful discussion.  The problem is some of them are not so good that have lead to either one of us getting upset or you getting upset at us for trying to get you to stop.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: myosh_tino on October 13, 2016, 08:40:08 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 13, 2016, 08:27:34 PM
As I see it, the following topics can all be merged into a single one…

* This one

Ok stop making me want to cry, I get it.  I will stick to one subject matters ok!   Just give me time to change.  I will no longer be using my ID name ever again after a ban.

I never said you will be banned.

Second, I messaged Roadfro (our moderator) asking him to clean up the 3 discussions and get them merged into a single discussion.  So hang tight and wait for that to happen before posting anything further regarding the SLO Measure J-16.

Third, it was not my intention to make you cry.  I was attempting to get you to realize that this is a community and some of us are starting to lose patience with the sheer number of topics you have started over the past few months.  With that said, some of your topics are really good ones that have promoted a meaningful discussion.  The problem is some of them are not so good that have lead to either one of us getting upset or you getting upset at us for trying to get you to stop.

However, I don't have an anger or temper anymore where I would blow up like a volcano, that is under control since 2010, thank goodness.  However I am going to make a real change for all of you, so that we can remain happy by not repeating the same mistake again, my repeating my post, however comments i will add.  It is time to get NORMAL, if anyone knows what I mean?  It is just time for me to be very simple now.  With enough of the past, let the future begin.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: myosh_tino on October 13, 2016, 08:26:37 PM
Oy!

Roadfro is going to have his hands full trying to clean up this clusterf***.  :banghead:

ENOUGH Myosh, i made my point in another post I had dont add to getting me into a mad mood with you, when I am very happy. I have deleted my letter, ok.

Desert Man

I stopped by Cholame as a child when my Mom drove there from Bakersfield where she had family live (and around Arvin), the James Dean monument was set up in the 1980s by Japanese fans on that stretch of the 46. I went north to Parkfield, ate at the world-famous cafe sits exactly on the San Andreas Fault.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

formulanone

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 13, 2016, 08:50:56 PM
However I am going to make a real change for all of you, so that we can remain happy by not repeating the same mistake again, my repeating my post, however comments i will add.  It is time to get NORMAL, if anyone knows what I mean?  It is just time for me to be very simple now.  With enough of the past, let the future begin.

I think you just need to watch what everyone else does on internet forums...so how most everyone does it. Maybe it's the first forum you've joined?

1) Keep everything related to the same topic to one thread. I don't understand why you need three "J-16" threads, especially when it's a rather local issue.

2) Give a little more information on obscure stuff - we don't have all the information on every little detail. We're not looking at the same map you are...upload an image.

3) Proofread your sentences so it makes sense to as many people as possible. "Stream of consciousness" is not an effective way to be understood by others over the web.

4) Don't flood the board with questions -- give each one a week or so before asking the next one -- some people get annoyed with answering lots of questions all at once, because it feels like they are doing work for you. Not everyone feels this way, but by the 20th question, it gets a bit stale.

5) Do a bit of search and/or researching on your own for simple questions. This board has a search feature; navigate back to the forum's main page and use the search (otherwise it only searches within the sub-forum or just the thread you are viewing).

coatimundi

Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 13, 2016, 05:24:57 PM
This is the right letter to be published in your newspapers, I am submitting a correction here.

My newspapers will be publishing this in their evening editions tomorrow. From San Francisco to Canton Bay, the public must know.

Sincerely,
W.M. Hearst

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: formulanone on October 13, 2016, 10:04:31 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 13, 2016, 08:50:56 PM
However I am going to make a real change for all of you, so that we can remain happy by not repeating the same mistake again, my repeating my post, however comments i will add.  It is time to get NORMAL, if anyone knows what I mean?  It is just time for me to be very simple now.  With enough of the past, let the future begin.

I think you just need to watch what everyone else does on internet forums...so how most everyone does it. Maybe it's the first forum you've joined?

1) Keep everything related to the same topic to one thread. I don't understand why you need three "J-16" threads, especially when it's a rather local issue.

2) Give a little more information on obscure stuff - we don't have all the information on every little detail. We're not looking at the same map you are...upload an image.

3) Proofread your sentences so it makes sense to as many people as possible. "Stream of consciousness" is not an effective way to be understood by others over the web.

4) Don't flood the board with questions -- give each one a week or so before asking the next one -- some people get annoyed with answering lots of questions all at once, because it feels like they are doing work for you. Not everyone feels this way, but by the 20th question, it gets a bit stale.

5) Do a bit of search and/or researching on your own for simple questions. This board has a search feature; navigate back to the forum's main page and use the search (otherwise it only searches within the sub-forum or just the thread you are viewing).

I will try that for real, however I will only post once or twice every 7 to 14 days or become offline for a period of time,  I am on another forum, called "MiceAge" for Disney fans, that has greater passion in my life than roads and highways.  I will follow other and just comment on others people's post and see what happens. ---SCP

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: coatimundi on October 13, 2016, 10:51:36 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 13, 2016, 05:24:57 PM
This is the right letter to be published in your newspapers, I am submitting a correction here.

My newspapers will be publishing this in their evening editions tomorrow. From San Francisco to Canton Bay, the public must know.

Sincerely,
W.M. Hearst

This is about the only thing that I thought was worth replying to after coming back from dinner:

roadfro

Okay folks, I've merged the three threads into one. All further discussion on the SLO measure J and potential CA 46 improvements shall be placed in this thread ONLY. Please reign things back on topic.

ACSCmapcollector:

As others have mentioned already, discussion is much more meaningful if you keep all similar questions and topics in one thread. It will be better to use more general subject titles, so that it doesn't seem necessary to start new threads if the conversation or question is slightly different (for an example, compare the revised title of this merged thread to the three previous thread names). When multiple threads are created, the conversation becomes fragmented and harder to follow–not to mention that people become irritated by the multiple threads and fragmented conversation, so you end up with more posts lamenting the state of the thread(s) rather than discussing the original topic. It also makes more work for me as the board moderator to clean up everything (merge conversations, edit posts, etc.).

Please heed the advice of other members moving forward–the tips posted by formulaone are a good start. Thanks.

–Roadfro
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: roadfro on October 14, 2016, 02:53:54 AM
Okay folks, I've merged the three threads into one. All further discussion on the SLO measure J and potential CA 46 improvements shall be placed in this thread ONLY. Please reign things back on topic.

ACSCmapcollector:

As others have mentioned already, discussion is much more meaningful if you keep all similar questions and topics in one thread. It will be better to use more general subject titles, so that it doesn't seem necessary to start new threads if the conversation or question is slightly different (for an example, compare the revised title of this merged thread to the three previous thread names). When multiple threads are created, the conversation becomes fragmented and harder to follow–not to mention that people become irritated by the multiple threads and fragmented conversation, so you end up with more posts lamenting the state of the thread(s) rather than discussing the original topic. It also makes more work for me as the board moderator to clean up everything (merge conversations, edit posts, etc.).

Please heed the advice of other members moving forward–the tips posted by formulaone are a good start. Thanks.

–Roadfro

Your welcome, I just posted something about Arizona state route 85 being widened to expressway standards between Interstate 8 and Interstate 10 for ADOT outside of California for my own use.  (Mountain States region).

Moved reply outside of quotes. –Roadfro

noelbotevera

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

ACSCmapcollector

Max Rockatansky

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 15, 2016, 11:34:22 PM
Quote from: ACSCmapcollector on October 15, 2016, 02:55:37 PM
Quote from: noelbotevera on October 14, 2016, 10:56:48 PM
What?

No comment for me, Max.

Never mind Noel, it is over.

John Rambo would have a counter to that sentiment:

Post Merge: October 16, 2016, 08:42:31 PM

No comment from me.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.