News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

ODOT Tentative 2011 Bid Openings

Started by rte66man, January 03, 2011, 08:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

ODOT posted the tentative bid penings for February 2011.  A very large # of resurfacing jobs. I find this puzzling because the winter months here make it hard to do these jobs, but ....

Some of the jobs of more than provincial interest are:

22146(07)  5.0 miles $10,918,000
GRADE, DRAIN & SURFACE
OSAGE GILCREASE WEST: N. 41ST W AVE TO L.L. TISDALE(INTRM 2-LANE) N 41ST W. AVE
& W. 31ST N RECONST(PHASE 3) **AUTH**
STP -157A (143)

and the tentative March 2011 list has:

17428(23) IS040 1.28 miles $20,634,511
SURFACE
OKLAHOMA I-40 CROSSTOWN: WP 1.3, SURFACING FROM THE OKLAHOMA CITY CANAL WEST
1.3 MI (OK134)

26604(04) IS244 0.56 miles $86,480,000
BRIDGE & APPROACHES
TULSA I-244 OVER ARKANSAS RIVER
(WESTBOUND) (IM EARMARK)
- this is the new intermodal bridge that I posted about earlier.

When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

J N Winkler

Allowing a month for contract award, the earliest time NTP is likely to be issued for the resurfacing jobs is in March, when the weather starts to turn warmer.  I'd also imagine there are clauses which give the contractor some flexibility in scheduling start dates.

Oklahoma DOT has previously put online preliminary plans for the Tulsa bridge.  The link to them has disappeared, however.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

rte66man

When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Scott5114

Quote17428(23) IS040 1.28 miles $20,634,511
SURFACE
OKLAHOMA I-40 CROSSTOWN: WP 1.3, SURFACING FROM THE OKLAHOMA CITY CANAL WEST
1.3 MI (OK134)

I wonder if this is for the new Crosstown alignment or if it's for the existing bridge? If it's for the existing bridge, it seems like sort of a waste, considering most of it's coming down when the new alignment opens.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.