News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Red arrows

Started by 1995hoo, May 09, 2011, 08:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: Steve on August 13, 2012, 11:00:58 PM
Quote from: kphoger on August 12, 2012, 09:31:27 AM
Quote from: NE2 on August 12, 2012, 08:55:33 AM
Quote from: kphoger on August 12, 2012, 08:21:42 AM
Basically, I guess I'm just not familiar with the intersection.
You can click the link to street view and move around.

Thanks.  I see that opposing traffic has dual left turn lanes which are striped in such as way as to leave two of the four intersecting lanes open.  So I see no reason why the parking garage couldn't get a green right turn arrow whenever opposing traffic gets a green:  their turn movements should not conflict; in fact, there should be a whole empty lane between them.
Can't do that without physical separation.

Really?  I've personally driven through at least one intersection like that.  The stoplight I'm thinking of is the Harlem exit off I-290 (the Eisenhower) in Oak Park, Illinois (http://goo.gl/maps/9x623).  Eastbound traffic turning north gets a green left turn arrow at the same time that westbound traffic turning north gets a green right turn arrow.  At least, that's the way it was as recently as 2000.  And, in that location, there's not even a "buffer lane" in between, such as there is at the location mentioned up-thread.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.