I-49 Arkansas map?

Started by bugo, April 12, 2012, 08:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I'm looking for an online map showing the preferred corridors between Greenwood and Texarkana to show to a friend.

Grzrd

AHTD recently sent me copies of the FEIS Executive Summary of I-49's DeQueen to I-40 segment and the FEIS Executive Summary of I-49's Texarkana to DeQueen segment.  The I-40 to DeQueen Executive Summary has maps (posted in the I-49 Bella Vista/ Fort Smith thread and I think your and US71's I-49 Facebook page), but the the Texarkana to DeQueen Executive Summary does not.  AHTD has indicated that they are going to mail me either a paper copy or a CD of the entire Texarkana to DeQueen FEIS, which I suspect and hope will have maps of the preferred alternatives.  If and when I receive a copy of the FEIS, I will try to post the maps.

EDIT

AHTD just replied to an email I sent and said they are putting a CD in the mail today.  I'm guessing I will get it Monday or Tuesday.

intelati49

Quote from: Grzrd on April 13, 2012, 09:59:12 AM
AHTD just replied to an email I sent and said they are putting a CD in the mail today.  I'm guessing I will get it Monday or Tuesday.

Torrent?

mcdonaat

Quote from: Grzrd on April 13, 2012, 09:59:12 AM

Agreed, can you either torrent it, or send a copy of the CD? I'm willing to pay the postage!

Grzrd

Quote from: intelati49 on April 14, 2012, 02:14:13 AM
Torrent?

This is my first attempt ever to upload a torrent file.  I appear to have uploaded a directory with 33 files regarding Texarkana to DeQueen FEIS on thepiratebay.se as "I-49/ US 71 Relocation Texarkana to DeQueen FEIS" in the Other(Other) category.  If problems in downloading, let me know.  I can always burn a CD if need be.  Many maps; I'm not sure if they have the desired detail.

intelati49

Quote from: Grzrd on April 18, 2012, 10:07:18 PM
Quote from: intelati49 on April 14, 2012, 02:14:13 AM
Torrent?

This is my first attempt ever to upload a torrent file.  I appear to have uploaded a directory with 33 files regarding Texarkana to DeQueen FEIS on thepiratebay.se as "I-49/ US 71 Relocation Texarkana to DeQueen FEIS" in the Other(Other) category.  If problems in downloading, let me know.  I can always burn a CD if need be.  Many maps; I'm not sure if they have the desired detail.

Just fyI make sure to keep your computer on, and to the others, keep the files in the same place to improve the other's speed.

US71

I downloaded them, but when I try to open them, my computer wants to re-download them, but fails.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

roadman65

Just now in Walgreens I saw their map of the 50 states and Canada.  It shows I-49 under construction north east of Texarkana and crossing over US 59 & 71 just south of the TX- AR Line and it paralleling US 59 & 71 just north of the border.

I guess its not going to use the western side beltway around the city as talks were to have it enter Texas more.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Alex

Quote from: roadman65 on April 29, 2012, 03:10:03 PM
Just now in Walgreens I saw their map of the 50 states and Canada.  It shows I-49 under construction north east of Texarkana and crossing over US 59 & 71 just south of the TX- AR Line and it paralleling US 59 & 71 just north of the border.

I guess its not going to use the western side beltway around the city as talks were to have it enter Texas more.

What map company? If it is Krappa, they just lifted the proposal straight off the Arkansas official map.

See it for yourself at http://www.arkansashighways.com/planning_research/mapping_graphics/statehighwaymap_state2011.PDF

roadman65

I checked it out.  I do not know what map printer it was for sure, but not R M.  The route shown in the map you posted is exactly the same route.  Crossing US 59 & 71 south of the Red River and being in Texas for a bit before re-entering Arkansas to be on the west of US 59 & 71.  Plus its continuation past I-30 as the eastern side beltway is exactly the same!
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Morriswa

I didn't know I-49 was planned to enter TX.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.