The I-90 George Voinovich Innerbelt Bridge To (Finally) Completely Open 10/24

Started by thenetwork, October 18, 2016, 01:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenetwork

After several years of ramp closures, detours and other headaches, the I-90/George Voinovich/Innerbelt Bridge in Downtown Cleveland will FINALLY be completely open to the public next week:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/10/inner_belt_bridge_will_completely_reopen_oct_24_more_lane_closures_in_the_meantime.html

...Just in time for the World Series Parade and the millions of fans who will come with it!!!  :nod: ;-) :nod:

Vintage signage in this link when the "old" bridge was the "new" bridge: http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/09/as_the_inner_belt_bridge_opens_a_look_back_at_the_spans_history.html#0 

Notice in the 2nd photo when the freeway ended on the other side of the bridge in Tremont.

The Ghostbuster

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

route17fan

John Krakoff - Cleveland, Ohio

Stephane Dumas

Buck87

The Ghostbuster

Buck87

Hopefully they are able to get it all open on Monday as planned....because on Tuesday night the Indians are hosting game 1 of the World Series while at the same time next door the Cavs will be having their season opener/championship banner raising/ring ceremony....so it's going to be quite a traffic situation in downtown Cleveland that night. 

thenetwork

Quote from: Buck87 on October 19, 2016, 11:33:32 PM
Hopefully they are able to get it all open on Monday as planned....because on Tuesday night the Indians are hosting game 1 of the World Series while at the same time next door the Cavs will be having their season opener/championship banner raising/ring ceremony....so it's going to be quite a traffic situation in downtown Cleveland that night. 

You know you're a roadgeek when the only reason you go to Cleveland on Tuesday is just for the new Innerbelt Bridge!!
   :bigass:

compdude787

Quote from: thenetwork on October 20, 2016, 12:20:20 AM

You know you're a roadgeek when the only reason you go to Cleveland on Tuesday is just for the new Innerbelt Bridge!!

LOL, so true. :D So true!! :)

ARMOURERERIC

Are both ramps from 77N to/from 90W permanently removed?  It would make sense, but just curious.

Alex

Quote from: ARMOURERERIC on October 20, 2016, 10:20:02 PM
Are both ramps from 77N to/from 90W permanently removed?  It would make sense, but just curious.

The ramps from I-77 north to I-90 west and from I-90 east to I-77 south permantly closed in 2011:
ODOT press release on it

cl94

Not really any reason to have them if they're redundant. Just use I-490.

Assuming I'm able to get to a potential Minneapolis meet, I can just check it out then if I don't get out that way sooner. Not making a special trip for it.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Buck87

Rothman

Quote from: thenetwork on October 20, 2016, 12:20:20 AM

You know you're a roadgeek if you find yourself headed to Cleveland.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.