Status of state-ends.com?

Started by NJRoadfan, February 01, 2014, 10:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

Mine is hand-coded PHP/HTML/CSS self-hosted on my desktop (which is a Linux/Apache/MySQL server).  About the only semi-automated thing would be the perl scripts I use to add items to the photos database... which I also wrote.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Zeffy

Quote from: mcdonaat on March 21, 2014, 11:12:02 PM
What would be the best way to start a website? My current website is being hosted on Wordpress, and I'm not too sure of how to even create one anymore! I remember using Frontpage to create my last one... in 2002.

Look here: http://www.w3schools.com/

This is one of the best resources for learning how to create your own websites.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

sammi

Quote from: vdeane on March 22, 2014, 01:48:01 PM
Mine is hand-coded PHP/HTML/CSS self-hosted on my desktop (which is a Linux/Apache/MySQL server).  About the only semi-automated thing would be the perl scripts I use to add items to the photos database... which I also wrote.
Me too! I find it's easiest to manage your website that way, because then you know it inside-out and then you'd actually know what you're doing. But my current hosting doesn't allow shell access, so it's a pain to have to go to my cPanel and open the file manager every time I want to upload something or move things around. I'm on a free hosting plan though, so I can't really complain. >.>

Quote from: Zeffy on March 22, 2014, 02:03:13 PM
http://www.w3schools.com/
Recommended. While this isn't how I learned web development, it's still a good resource. You're looking at HTML and CSS and possibly JavaScript. The rest aren't necessary.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.