News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Higher Speed Limits in Kentucky?

Started by seicer, February 20, 2013, 04:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seicer

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/local/speed-limit-on-section-of---drops-months-after/article_a6cf8cc4-7601-11e2-899c-001a4bcf887a.html

"The speed limit on a section of U.S. 68-Ky. 80 in Logan County was lowered today, less than four months after it was raised. The speed limit from the first Auburn exit on the Bowling Green side to just past the R.J. Corman Railroad crossing has returned to 55 mph. The speed limit increased in November to 65 mph at the urging of a coalition of lawmakers and business leaders."

Terribly written article, but this is at http://goo.gl/maps/nTJ16.

Question is, when did speed limits raise on non-freeways? The only state route with a higher speed limit is KY 841 in southwest Louisville that acts as an extension of Interstate 265.

vdeane

Since when does a rail group have an expertise in setting speed limits?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

agentsteel53

more astonishingly, since when do "lawmakers and business leaders" raise speed limits?  we need more of this kind of lawmakers and business leaders!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

ShawnP

Smallllllll world my hometown is just up the road in Rockfield. 65 is entirely to high for that road.

ShawnP

Also if you have any road questions in Bowling Green area.

Kierstan Jaggers who is the KYTC media Point of Contact is very friendly and quick to respond for information.

hbelkins

Quote from: ShawnP on February 20, 2013, 07:11:02 PM
Also if you have any road questions in Bowling Green area.

Kierstan Jaggers who is the KYTC media Point of Contact is very friendly and quick to respond for information.

I can vouch for that personally. She's also cute, but don't get any ideas, gentlemen, she is dating someone.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

codyg1985

From what I hear someone at KYTC wasn't comfortable with a 65 mph divided highway crossing a railroad. Not sure if it was the railroad that had the ultimate say or not, though.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

NE2

Quote from: hbelkins on February 20, 2013, 10:21:17 PM
I can vouch for that personally. She's also cute, but don't get any ideas, gentlemen, she is dating someone.
Now I understand why you asked if your wife is here.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

Quote from: NE2 on February 21, 2013, 02:17:38 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on February 20, 2013, 10:21:17 PM
Now I understand why you asked if your wife is here.
:clap:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.