News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US-41 Interstate Conversion

Started by ssummers72, February 10, 2009, 09:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alecscradle

Everyone here seems really split on whether US 41 should be decommissioned at some point.  I'm still in favor of it, but since there are no plans for it right now we'll just have to wait and see what happens.  In the meantime here's a poll just for fun.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11156955

triplemultiplex

Quote from: I-39 on September 03, 2016, 05:08:12 PM
Does anyone know why I-41 doesn't show up along the roadway between the Zoo interchange and WIS-145 on Google Maps? It also does not appear cosigned with I-94 or I-894.

Because Google Maps sometimes sucks.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

The Ghostbuster

As to US 41 being decommissioned along, and north of Interstate 41, I believe IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

peterj920

North of Lombardi Ave, a US 41 reassurance sign was added next to the I-41 sign.  Between Wis 172 and Lombardi Ave the US 41 sign is omitted because of the lack of space due to the noise wall that is very close to the freeway. 

peterj920

WISDOT just announced that all I-41 southbound lanes south of Mason St will open on Friday, and in the next week the speed limit will be raised to 70 between Hwy F and the US 41/141 split in Abrams.

hobsini2

I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Fox 11 News

Fox 11 News

DOT release

Speed limit increases on I-41 in Brown County
Stretch of highway opening to 70 mph

(Green Bay) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region office in Green Bay announces the speed limit on southbound I-41 increased to 70 mph on southbound I-41 from Abrams going south on Friday, October 7. It had been 55 mph due to I-41 Project construction. Northbound I-41 also increased to 70 mph, except between Lombardi Avenue and Lineville Road. This area will remain 55 mph on northbound lanes due to on-going construction.

The increase is possible due to the completion of major construction of I-41 and interchanges as part of the I-41 Project. Crews began work in 2010 and finished on time and under budget. The remaining work on the I-41 Project will included landscaping, staining, local road repairs and clean-up work in early 2017.

dvferyance

Quote from: Fox 11 News on October 07, 2016, 12:13:24 PM
DOT release

Speed limit increases on I-41 in Brown County
Stretch of highway opening to 70 mph

(Green Bay) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region office in Green Bay announces the speed limit on southbound I-41 increased to 70 mph on southbound I-41 from Abrams going south on Friday, October 7. It had been 55 mph due to I-41 Project construction. Northbound I-41 also increased to 70 mph, except between Lombardi Avenue and Lineville Road. This area will remain 55 mph on northbound lanes due to on-going construction.

The increase is possible due to the completion of major construction of I-41 and interchanges as part of the I-41 Project. Crews began work in 2010 and finished on time and under budget. The remaining work on the I-41 Project will included landscaping, staining, local road repairs and clean-up work in early 2017.
Good news this is going to be great for Green Bay. Hopefully I-43 can get the same upgrade in the near future.

peterj920

New End I-41 sign posted today after the I-43 north entrance ramp

mgk920

Quote from: peterj920 on October 14, 2016, 12:10:40 AM

New End I-41 sign posted today after the I-43 north entrance ramp

In the other direction, the 'Begin/I-41' sign is significantly to the north, immediately south of the Lineville Rd interchange.

Mike

The Ghostbuster

Is this the first time the End Interstate 41 sign was posted? Or was this a replacement sign?

SSOWorld

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on October 14, 2016, 05:06:56 PM
Is this the first time the End Interstate 41 sign was posted? Or was this a replacement sign?
first one
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

I still wonder why the end of Interstate 41 is at the I-43 interchange.  North of that up to the 41/141 split (15 miles or so up the road), it's still a perfectly usable freeway, so why didn't they end it up there?
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

The Ghostbuster

I guess they figured the Abrams split is too rural a location for an Interstate to end. I agree it should have ended in Abrams, just like I thought Interstate 39 should have gone all the way to Exit 211 north of Merrill. I doubt Interstate 41 will ever go further north than its present terminus at Interstate 43.

peterj920

The last overhead BGS was installed last night for the I-43 south exit advance sign, right next to the begin I-41 sign.  The overhead BGS at the County M/Lineville Rd exit was also corrected to show US 41 and US 141; it previously only showed US 41.  The speed limit was also raised to 70 mph between Wis 54 and County M northbound.  That was the only stretch that was signed at 55 due to road work.  The Wis 29 and I-43 flyover ramps also have ramp advisory speeds of 65 mph, which are the fastest in Wisconsin.  The only thing left to install are the mile markers and all road work on the mainline is complete!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.