News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Asking a girl on a date question (I'm 20)

Started by US 41, January 16, 2017, 03:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM117

Quote from: formulanone on January 18, 2017, 07:24:34 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on January 18, 2017, 06:32:27 PM
Quote from: slorydn1 on January 18, 2017, 06:02:55 PM
Yep, time to take Nike's advice and just do it!
That's moving pretty quickly for a first date. :bigass:

Some would say you have to tie the knot before doing it...with Nikes.

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

1995hoo

When I saw today's comics, I couldn't help but think of this thread.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

cl94

Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

NE2

Oral sex is pre-first date behavior. Kids these days...
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jeffandnicole

Quote from: NE2 on January 19, 2017, 11:18:30 AM

Oral sex isn't sex, and it's perfectly safe, and nothing will ever happen because of it. 

kkt

Quote from: jeffandnicole on January 19, 2017, 01:19:27 PM

Oral sex isn't sex, and it's perfectly safe, and nothing will ever happen because of it. 

And as soon as the bonds are paid off, they'll take away the toll booths and make it a freeway.

slorydn1

It depends on what the definition of "is" is, according to a former President.  :happy:
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

PHLBOS

Quote from: jeffandnicole on January 19, 2017, 01:19:27 PMOral sex isn't sex, and it's perfectly safe, and nothing will ever happen because of it.
The American Red Cross would disagree with that statement. 
Policy and Process Information, Click on Health History Screening, see 3rd paragraph
GPS does NOT equal GOD

texaskdog

Yes, Bill Clinton defined that well for us :)

cl94

Quote from: slorydn1 on January 19, 2017, 02:54:32 PM

It depends on what the definition of "is" is, according to a former President.  :happy:

Quote from: texaskdog on January 19, 2017, 03:37:24 PM

Yes, Bill Clinton defined that well for us :)

Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Brandon

^^ OK, I just laughed out loud at work.  :rofl:
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

vdeane

Quote from: formulanone on January 18, 2017, 07:24:34 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on January 18, 2017, 06:32:27 PM
Quote from: slorydn1 on January 18, 2017, 06:02:55 PM
Yep, time to take Nike's advice and just do it!
That's moving pretty quickly for a first date. :bigass:

Some would say you have to tie the knot before doing it...with Nikes.
So... BDSM before doing it?  Kinky!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

US 41

Yeah none of that is happening on my first date. I might get lucky after a couple of dates and get my first kiss.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

cl94

kphoger

Quote from: cl94 on January 19, 2017, 08:45:29 PM
Did you ask her yet?

He'd better have.  He said "my first date."  So there had better be a first date planned.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US 41

Quote from: kphoger on January 19, 2017, 09:09:51 PM
Quote from: cl94 on January 19, 2017, 08:45:29 PM
Did you ask her yet?

He'd better have.  He said "my first date."  So there had better be a first date planned.

I am tomorrow, because that is when I'll see her. I really have no choice at this point anyways. She now 100% knows I like her, so I pretty much have to ask her out now. I'm really stressed out over it though.

kphoger

There's all this peer pressure, too.  You can't let us all down now!
Male pronouns, please.

US 41

Quote from: kphoger on January 19, 2017, 09:22:23 PM
There's all this peer pressure, too.  You can't let us all down now!

Yeah. I'm so stressed out right now though. I don't even know what to say to her, but I'll figure something out. I'm good at talking my way through stuff. I'll probably just tell her that what my friend said was true and that I think she is really nice and that I think we have a lot in common and I just wanted to see if maybe she would like to go to dinner with me whenever she is not busy.

kphoger

Don't say you think you have a lot in common.  It sounds like you're making a practical decision based on factors of compatibility.  Sexy, right?

Tell her you'd like to do _____ with her (the date thing, not the other thing).  What she wants to hear is that you want to spend time with her because you enjoy her company.
Male pronouns, please.

marleythedog

Yeah, there's no need to justify why you're asking her on a date, and doing so only increases the risk of saying something silly when you're nervous.

Just, "Hi [Jane], would you like to meet me at [Joint] for dinner this week? How's Friday or Saturday look for you? [Negotiate date] Great; see you Saturday."

cl94

Yeah, don't say you have something in common and do not say she reminds you of a family member. DON'T. If she says you remind her of a family member, welcome to the friend zone.

US 41

Quote from: kphoger on January 19, 2017, 09:33:25 PM
Don't say you think you have a lot in common.  It sounds like you're making a practical decision based on factors of compatibility.  Sexy, right?

Tell her you'd like to do _____ with her (the date thing, not the other thing).  What she wants to hear is that you want to spend time with her because you enjoy her company.

Since I won't have a lot of time to talk to her would this would?

Me: "Here's my number (hand her a card with my name and number on it). If you'd like to go out to dinner or to a movie later or some other time just hmu"

marleythedog

Quote from: US 41 on January 19, 2017, 10:01:32 PM
Since I won't have a lot of time to talk to her would this would?

Me: "Here's my number (hand her a card with my name and number on it). If you'd like to go out to dinner or to a movie later or some other time just hmu"

1. Don't make her call you. Ask for her number if you absolutely cannot get it scheduled face to face (and if you get to the point, it should only take a minute to schedule).
2. "Some time" is not a date. At least say "this weekend," "next week," etc. If she'd like to but can't that soon, she'll tell you that.
3. Save "hmu" for your bros. That's not how you ask someone on a date.

kphoger

NOOO!!!!   BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD.

Don't hand her a stinking card, my friend....!!

:banghead:

Oh dear me....

Just ask her out.
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.