News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2012 Legislative Route Updates

Started by Rover_0, April 02, 2012, 07:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rover_0

Browsing through the Utah Legislature website, the most notable changes I see are that UT-197 (Lehi's 500 West, from UT-73 to US-89) and UT-212 (I-15 near Washington to Washington's 300 East) have been decommissioned. Meanwhile, the Mountain View Corridor (UT-85) has its first portion written into the books, I'm not sure what they mean with UT-73,* UT-126's description at its south end has been changed, as has UT-225's western end.

Not much there, but I thought I'd post it.

*The text is "SR-73. From Route 36 northeast of St. John Station southeasterly on Five Mile Pass [; then northeasterly to Route 89 in Lehi] to Route 68; then easterly again beginning at 850 East in Lehi to Route 89." (Strikethroughs were previous; italics are new). Looking at Google Maps (I know), I don't know if this means a possible duplex with UT-68 or what. Maybe it's a gap in the route or something. It's just worded weird.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

CL

That's dumb the way the SR-73 changes were handled, because we now have two discontinuous pieces of the route. UDOT should have renumbered the short eastern remnant to something else.
Infrastructure. The city.

NE2

Perhaps they'll sign the east part as only to US 89/I-15.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Rover_0

Quote from: NE2 on April 03, 2012, 09:53:24 AM
Perhaps they'll sign the east part as only to US 89/I-15.

Perhaps. Maybe they could also just get rid of that eastern stub altogether and just run SR-73 south along SR-68 for a little bit, then have it take over SR-145 (Pioneer Crossing).

I heavily prefer small, short duplexes like one with SR-68 that would connect otherwise unconnected (or staggered) routes (SRs 73 and 145)* than to see some random gap in what should be a single, continuous route (like what we have with SR-73 now).

*Not to mention SRs 14/56, 114/146, 150/248, 180/74 and so forth. Of course, some route pairs still end at the same point (10/72, 141/147, etc.)

Rover_0

Well, while I'm on SR-73 and SR-145, here's a map of what they would look like if merged.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.