News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Bright white LED streetlights may pose health risk

Started by index, May 25, 2018, 07:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigE

Quote from: noelbotevera on August 12, 2018, 07:21:38 PM
For LEDs...not exactly a big fan of them. I have a computer in the same room as my bedroom, and whenever that's on, there's blinding blue light shining onto the bed, so it's hard to sleep without blocking it. To give an example of how bright, the small LEDs inside a wireless router still keep me up at night (ironically, I block the light using a Sandman comic book). I'm also accustomed to sodium vapor light, which is easy on the eyes and lights up the room, so I'm not complaining.

Why not just shut the computer off? I'm sure there's probably a long update or two, but those shouldn't be happening every night.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

noelbotevera

Quote from: DaBigE on August 13, 2018, 08:58:33 AM
Quote from: noelbotevera on August 12, 2018, 07:21:38 PM
For LEDs...not exactly a big fan of them. I have a computer in the same room as my bedroom, and whenever that's on, there's blinding blue light shining onto the bed, so it's hard to sleep without blocking it. To give an example of how bright, the small LEDs inside a wireless router still keep me up at night (ironically, I block the light using a Sandman comic book). I'm also accustomed to sodium vapor light, which is easy on the eyes and lights up the room, so I'm not complaining.

Why not just shut the computer off? I'm sure there's probably a long update or two, but those shouldn't be happening every night.
My dad writes articles and watches movies at night, so I can't turn off the computer whenever he's home. Luckily it's only on the weekends, otherwise that computer stays off.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.