News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

CO 35 why does it still exisit?

Started by dvferyance, September 16, 2016, 03:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvferyance

As far as I see it there is no need for CO 35 anymore. With the closure of Stapleton Airport really made it a not needed route. Much of it was decommissioned but a little piece of it remains. Makes no sense just retire it.

Max Rockatansky

I actually stayed on Quebec Street when I was in Denver in June.  I'd say the traffic the counts being so high probably have a lot to do with it...especially since it has a junction with I-70 and I-270.

usends

Quote from: dvferyance on September 16, 2016, 03:04:06 PM
As far as I see it there is no need for CO 35 anymore...
I think the need for CO 35 is related to the fact that I-270 does not have a full interchange with I-70.
usends.com - US highway endpoints, photos, maps, and history

halork

I'm not sure what the future plans are for the interchanges with the upcoming I-70 expansion project, and someday they're going to have to expand 270. My guess is it will stay on the books until those 2 projects get completed. Having it signed on I-70 is just silly; those I-70 BGS's are the only indication that CO 35 even exists.

coatimundi

I would imagine it's just a matter of the city not wanting the mileage, so it can't be relinquished. That's what often happens.
IIRC, this whole corridor was rebuilt not that long ago when the Northfield development was constructed.

mrose

I'm not sure it's even signed. It's not on any of the BGSs, at least from I-270.

This state does some pretty strange things when it comes to state routes.

Max Rockatansky

dvferyance

Quote from: usends on September 16, 2016, 05:52:25 PM
Quote from: dvferyance on September 16, 2016, 03:04:06 PM
As far as I see it there is no need for CO 35 anymore...
I think the need for CO 35 is related to the fact that I-270 does not have a full interchange with I-70.
But does it really need one? going from EB 70 to WB 270 your backtracking. It's not like they just can't put up signs to I-70 and to I-270.

will_e_777

iirc, it was still kept a state route so that state funds could be used to build the Quebec St interchange at Northfield. (and future Quebec street reconstruction into Stapleton)

the city didn't have the funds to build it on it's own.
Rocky Mountain man.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.