News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Southern Indiana

Started by Grzrd, January 01, 2012, 12:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

Apparently, IN 403 can be added to the list of roads in Clark/Floyd counties that are no longer state highways.  Noticed over the weekend that all signs now say "County Highway 403"
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

ShawnP

Tried to open it up in another thread but does any see US-150 getting four lanes west of the Knobs any time soon. Moved to Indiana and did see one long term project for a 3R/4R build on INDOT's website but it has gone to electronic never, never land.

NWI_Irish96

There was a fatal crash on 150 just last week (which may be why you brought this up) and it prompted local discussion again about needing 4 lanes out to Palmyra, or at least to Greenville, but I've never seen anything from INDOT saying that it was being considered. 

ShawnP

I saw a long term 3R/4R project but checked the Kentukiana TIP projects and it appears that the TIP wants a continious turn lane all the way out to Harrison County. Would work somewhat but not a long term fix. The only long term fix is a new alignment road. Would be expensive but 150 is getting very dangerous and very congested.

ShawnP

tdindy88

This is a reference to the plans for a third interchange along Interstate 65 in Greenwood, mentioned on the first page of this post. The interchange will be a diverging-diamond one, and depending on when the one in Fort Wayne is finished may be the first or second one in the state. Below is an article about a meeting for said project, see if you can spot the error on the page.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130408/NEWS/304080069/Indiana-seeking-public-input-diverging-diamond-other-proposals-new-65-ramp-Greenwood

trafficsignal

Quote from: tdindy88 on April 08, 2013, 10:16:09 PM
This is a reference to the plans for a third interchange along Interstate 65 in Greenwood, mentioned on the first page of this post. The interchange will be a diverging-diamond one, and depending on when the one in Fort Wayne is finished may be the first or second one in the state. Below is an article about a meeting for said project, see if you can spot the error on the page.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20130408/NEWS/304080069/Indiana-seeking-public-input-diverging-diamond-other-proposals-new-65-ramp-Greenwood

They managed to pull an aerial of a SPUI.  Great job as always by the Star.

NWI_Irish96

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130603/BETTERLIFE04/306030070/Tony-Boombozz-Pizza-Taphouse-Jeffersonville

Buried in this article about a couple new businesses coming to Veterans Pkwy in Jeffersonville is this tidbit:

QuoteA new $4.25 million road also is being planned that would connect Veterans Parkway with Charlestown Pike. The north-south road will run between Advanced Metal Technologies – formerly MKM Machine Tool and the Hillerich and Bradsby bat factory – and adjacent to Southeast Christian Church's satellite campus, providing an alternative to drivers who now use U.S. 31 or Hamburg Pike.

This is the first that I've heard of this, and I'm not sure why two parallel roads that are 1/2 mile apart need another through road in between them, but it's apparently happening.

silverback1065

I was just down at the worthsville road project a few weeks ago.  They have just started the first part of the project, which is to widen Worthsville Road to 4 lanes between US 31 and I-65.  It will be a little while before people driving will see road construction, right now they are moving telephone poles, and the army is taking apart an old concrete plant to use elsewhere.  They are also planning a roundabout at Sheek Road.  I think the interchange will start construction after that is done. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.