News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Madison Road Meet - Date selection poll

Started by SSOWorld, November 26, 2014, 08:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Please choose your best 2 dates.

April 4, 2015 (Easter Weekend)
1 (14.3%)
April 11, 2015
1 (14.3%)
April 18, 2015
4 (57.1%)
April 25, 2015
6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: December 31, 2014, 08:13:07 PM

SSOWorld

Hey everyone

Since the 2015 roads year is around the corner and meet dates are starting to be filled.  It's high-time that this meet-up be placed on the table for best times.  I'm restricting to April since that won't interfere with the Denver meet and will be late enough for daylight while dodging possible snow issues.  I will announce the lunch venue when the poll closes.

The major happenings in Mad-Town?
* Verona Road project - the interchange between this road (US-18/151) and the Beltline (US-12/14). (http://projects.511wi.gov/web/veronaroad-18-151/) is a two-stage project that will build Verona road into a mostly freeway by 2019 (leaving a 3-way signalized interchange and a jughandle (complete with "All Turns here" sign) along with two SPUIs  - while leaving the free-flow out of the picture.
* I-90 reconstruction from the Beltline Interchange to the IL state Line - mainly a lunch topic since no major work will be done in the area until after 2020.

Plus there are several relics scattered about Madison - especially around the University of Wisconsin campus and downtown - though "relic" is a relative term thanks to "Hide Yo Evidence" WisDOT.

Please choose 2 dates out of the four available that you feel would be the best for the meet - one of the four will be chosen in the end, obviously.  The most likely meeting time for lunch will be 11:30 am.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Alps

jpi

Looks like I may be out for this, the 2nd weekend in April is my spring Steel City Con show in Pittsburgh even though I would like to go to this since this is an area of Wisconsin I have never been too, if anything the last weekend may be my best bet.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Brandon

Any of the four dates are fine with me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

getemngo

All but the 25th works for me... and the 25th would probably work if I prepared ahead.
~ Sam from Michigan

JREwing78

The last two weekends would work best for me. There's less chance of sketchy weather then too.

A.J. Bertin

I'm going to try to attend this. I voted for April 18 and 25. I would just recommend avoiding April 4 because that's the weekend of Easter.
-A.J. from Michigan

SSOWorld

Thanks for pointing out April 4th A.J.  Leaving it in but marking it as such.
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

Alps

I think I'm going to plan a Cape May mini-meet around this meet date. When do you think you'll decide?

SSOWorld

Poll's open until New Year's eve, but if no further questions or votes for the dates I may call it half-way.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

on_wisconsin

Any of the dates are good for me, as it stands.
"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

Molandfreak

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Raise your what?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.