News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Website Weekends

Started by Alps, August 17, 2009, 10:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougtone

Also, would it be a good idea to post future announced website weekend events to the forum calendar?

SSOWorld

Not a bad idea, though they tend to be spontaneous so far :hmmm:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Dougtone

Let's have a Website Weekend, this weekend, starting now.  How's that for spontaneous?

froggie

Given the weather, it's actually not a bad idea...

Alps

I should have an update up tonight around midnght.  Productive day indeed.  Good idea, Doug!

froggie

With the weather being what it is, this may well be a "website weekend" for me...

Alps

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.  Depending on how the snow falls tomorrow I may be able to escape and still make it a ROADS weekend instead...

[EDIT: No way.  Gonna be a Website Weekend for sure.  If I can get through Michigan I'm doing pretty well.]

mightyace

Not I.

I've got too much to do before heading north for Pennsylvania next week.

However, I'll take my laptop and my memory cards and try and get caught up on images that have been sitting around since summer.

(And, finally get Alex the TN 840 West End pics he asked for ages ago.)
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Dougtone

I wasn't originally going to be working on any website stuff over the weekend, but since I don't have much going on, I may as well get up to date somehow.

And I will be uploading Connecticut road photos to my Flickr account.  If for whatever reason, I finish today and have more energy and gusto to go further, I will commence uploading Massachusetts road photos.

SSOWorld

definitely not for me this weekend, up for family x-mas.

Next 2 weekends - if it snows (it's supposed to on the 24th and 25th.) otherwise its ROADS!
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

Dougtone

Due to a change of plans because of a sell-out for the Oswego-Plattsburgh hockey game at my alma mater on Saturday (A few friends and I who were planning to go didn't buy tickets in advance), my weekend plans are now suddenly free.  Would anyone be interested in an impromptu website weekend this weekend?

mightyace

^^^
I might be.  The whether is supposed to suck here (snow and ice) and there's no football or racing.  (Yes, there's the Pro Bowl, but that's not football.  :sombrero:)

Dougtone

Quote from: mightyace on January 28, 2010, 05:31:51 PM
^^^
I might be.  The whether is supposed to suck here (snow and ice) and there's no football or racing.  (Yes, there's the Pro Bowl, but that's not football.  :sombrero:)

I may just upload more New York road photos to my Flickr account, and uploading to Flickr certainly counts.

mightyace

Quote from: dougtone on January 28, 2010, 06:00:16 PM
I may just upload more New York road photos to my Flickr account, and uploading to Flickr certainly counts.

I still have a handful to post from my Christmas trip including an example of Button Copy and Clearview at the same exit on I-80 in PA!

But, mostly I have a big backlog of middle-TN pictures including TN 840 construction photos.

SSOWorld

I got some photos to upload and more blog and site to write so I can go in on it. :sombrero:
Scott O.

Raise your what?

CanesFan27

Since I may be snowed in tomorrow - I'll probably start trying to go through Doug and other's keystones and who knows what.  That may get sidetracked though in favor of looking up in more detail various TIGER Grant proposals.

PAHighways

I'll still be updating pages that I couldn't during the A-Plus "upgrade" and maybe finally finish the blog entry that has been sitting in the drafts folder.

hbelkins

It's snowing in the Bluegrass and I have already gotten one trip's worth of pics uploaded. Have been working on my Texas trip photos as well, but probably won't get them posted this weekend.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

I've got 1,499 Ohio photos/videos ready to update... now it's a question of how fast I can write pages.

Dougtone

I've been working on uploading New York photos onto my Flickr account.  I knew that I wouldn't be finished with that project over the weekend, but I've covered some good ground.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougtone/

mightyace

I've gotten all the pictures from my current digital camera onto my computer and a fair portion of them uploaded to my flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace/

I've added a new categories for street signs and funny signs.

froggie

With a virtual guarantee that I'll be snowed in at least until Monday, I'll probably be doing some updates this weekend, or at a minimum working on some hobby-related GIS projects...

Alps

It's raining, it's pouring, it's time for a website weekend!  I'm going to see how many Ohio photos I can get through for the All Ohio 1500-photo update that should be coming soon.

CanesFan27

Sunny skies down here...it's a tailgate weekend!

SSOWorld

It's dodge the gaps in internets weekend for me :(
Scott O.

Raise your what?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.