News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Diverging Diamond Interchange coming to Kentucky!

Started by WolfGuy100, March 30, 2011, 04:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfGuy100

http://www.transportation.ky.gov/us68dcd/DCD_Publications.html

My thought on this? I'm glad they're finally doing something at this interchange. I always use that interchange and with current design, the traffic is really HORRIBLE. This interchange have a high numbers of car crashes due to traffic signals placed at every (approx.) 500 yards in one mile stretch. Even rush hour traffic would back up over a mile.

Now, with this new interchange design, I'm happy they're going to turn this original diamond interchange into diverging diamond interchange. This would greatly help to keep traffic moving smoothly and can turn left into New Circle without having to wait on arrow signal! So, what I'm saying is that I'm happy they're doing something about it since it's a bad interchange with bad traffic.

hbelkins

A couple more are in the works in Kentucky, as well. At least one along I-75 in Northern Kentucky (I think maybe the Mt. Zion Road exit) but I am not sure where the other might be.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

iBallasticwolf2

Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

jpi

There is already one at New Circle RD (KY 4) and US 68 in Lexington.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

iBallasticwolf2

Looked at it! Its quite good and actually a few years old

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

iBallasticwolf2

HockeyGuy

Say...aren't the Poplar Level Rd. and Bardstown Rd. interchanges of the Watterson Expressway (I-264) considered DDI's? They've been there since the mid-1990s huge rebuild of the highway,  Louisville's inner beltway.

iBallasticwolf2

Quote from: HockeyGuy on July 19, 2015, 08:05:14 PM
Say...aren't the Poplar Level Rd. and Bardstown Rd. interchanges of the Watterson Expressway (I-264) considered DDI's? They've been there since the mid-1990s huge rebuild of the highway,  Louisville's inner beltway.

Actually those are Single Point Urban Interchanges which are a completely different topic.

JMoses24

Quote from: hbelkins on March 30, 2011, 08:40:46 PM
A couple more are in the works in Kentucky, as well. At least one along I-75 in Northern Kentucky (I think maybe the Mt. Zion Road exit) but I am not sure where the other might be.

Both the Mount Zion and Richwood exits off I-75 in Boone County.

TR69

I know it's been there for 5 years now, but yesterday I finally got an opportunity to use the diverging diamond interchange (aka double crossover diamond interchange) at US 68 and KY 4 in Lexington. I went from EB US 68 to NB KY 4. It worked great! Very smooth, no traffic back-ups, no confusion. It was my first experience with this type of interchange. I'm a fan.  :nod:

billtm

Quote from: TR69 on July 21, 2016, 04:47:01 PM
I know it's been there for 5 years now, but yesterday I finally got an opportunity to use the diverging diamond interchange (aka double crossover diamond interchange) at US 68 and KY 4 in Lexington. I went from EB US 68 to NB KY 4. It worked great! Very smooth, no traffic back-ups, no confusion. It was my first experience with this type of interchange. I'm a fan.  :nod:

Since my grandparents live in Lexington, I got quite a few driving hours driving around there and have used that interchange multiple times! I gotta agree, it was a lot smoother than I expected. :nod:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.