News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2015 March Madness

Started by US 41, March 13, 2015, 05:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will win the 2015 NCAA Tournament?

Kentucky
Virginia
Wisconsin
Duke
Villanova
Gonzaga
Arizona
Other

Henry

Quote from: Pete from Boston on April 09, 2015, 09:35:45 AM
Yankees?  Duke has only won five championships.  This really makes them a second-tier hated dynasty, more like the Patriots than the Yankees.
And besides, UCLA is actually college basketball's equivalent to the Yankees, with the most championships ever...nevermind that the last one was 20 years ago.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

oscar

Quote from: Henry on April 09, 2015, 12:37:55 PM
Quote from: Pete from Boston on April 09, 2015, 09:35:45 AM
Yankees?  Duke has only won five championships.  This really makes them a second-tier hated dynasty, more like the Patriots than the Yankees.
And besides, UCLA is actually college basketball's equivalent to the Yankees, with the most championships ever...nevermind that the last one was 20 years ago.

Don't forget UConn on the women's side. Ten championships under its current coach (tying UCLA's men's coach John Wooten), the last one two days ago.

But what UConn inspires is more despair than hatred. Fans of other women's teams go into a new season knowing the main questions are (a) will UConn fall flat on its face, for once, and if not (b) whether anybody can avoid getting steamrollered by UConn in the NCAA tournament.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

US 41

In women's basketball it seems like it is always UConn vs. Notre Dame in the Championship. Does anyone even pay attention to women's basketball though?
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

oscar

Quote from: US 41 on April 09, 2015, 07:49:15 PM
In women's basketball it seems like it is always UConn vs. Notre Dame in the Championship.

Just the last two years. Used to be a lot of UConn v. Tennessee. Other teams have been in the mix, and some have even won it all (in years where UConn didn't make it to, or past, the semi-finals). But yeah, it does get a bit boring, with a talent pool both thinner and more unevenly distributed than in the men's game.

hbelkins

To me, it's ironic that Geno Auriemma and Jim Calhoun didn't get along, because they always struck me as the two biggest jerks in the college basketball coaching profession.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

tdindy88

I just noticed that I can still vote in the poll. I guessed that Duke will win the national championship. I hope I'm right :)

US 41

Quote from: tdindy88 on April 09, 2015, 10:22:33 PM
I just noticed that I can still vote in the poll. I guessed that Duke will win the national championship. I hope I'm right :)

I guessed Duke on this poll before the bracket came out.  :D

Women's basketball on the other hand. Princeton was undefeated and got an 8 seed...??? That must be the biggest screw over ever. At the worst they should've been a 5 or 6 seed. It's totally unfair that a team that finished with no losses had to play a 1 seed in the second round. At least give them a spot where they can make the Sweet 16 without playing a 1 or 2 seed.

oscar

Quote from: US 41 on April 10, 2015, 10:38:10 AM
Women's basketball on the other hand. Princeton was undefeated and got an 8 seed...??? That must be the biggest screw over ever. At the worst they should've been a 5 or 6 seed. It's totally unfair that a team that finished with no losses had to play a 1 seed in the second round. At least give them a spot where they can make the Sweet 16 without playing a 1 or 2 seed.

Strength of schedule? Some undefeated records count much more than others. Princeton women's this year consisted mostly of wins against Ivy League and other second-tier teams.

US 41

Quote from: oscar on April 10, 2015, 11:32:19 AM
Quote from: US 41 on April 10, 2015, 10:38:10 AM

Strength of schedule? Some undefeated records count much more than others. Princeton women's this year consisted mostly of wins against Ivy League and other second-tier teams.

Excuses. Excuses. An undefeated team deserves higher than an 8 seed period. No matter who you play. They are still playing D1 teams and last time I checked each D1 conference only gets 1 automatic bid.

If it were up to me I would only let 32 teams in each tournament (mens and womens). 1 team per conference in the tournament (there are 32 conferences currently). Then I'd seed them based off of their overall records. Since 31 of 32 conferences play a tournament pretty much every team would be in the NCAA tourney. Single elimination would start in the conference tournaments. Call me crazy, but it would be better then the current system.

SSOWorld

I got 3 cable networks and many media outlets that disagree with you since they'll lose money on that.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

US 41

Quote from: SSOWorld on April 10, 2015, 02:44:06 PM
I got 3 cable networks and many media outlets that disagree with you since they'll lose money on that.

That's all the tournament is about now. I'm surprised they haven't expanded to 96 teams yet.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.