Travel Channel to air a 12-hour road trip live in its entirety

Started by rschen7754, March 23, 2015, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rschen7754

GCrites

I like how people outside retail don't realize Black Friday isn't that big of a deal any more. All that crazy stuff that went on was a '90s-2000s thing.

vdeane

If Black Friday isn't a big deal, why do people trample each other for the sales and keep moving the start earlier and earlier?  Just a year or two ago, someone got pepper sprayed at WalMart by another customer.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

GCrites

Those incidents have become fewer and farther between. Now that stores open on Thanksgiving evening it takes the pressure off of Friday mornings. Stores also stagger sales so that some start later in the day. In fact, there were no lines in our mall at 6am Friday last year. In the 2000s it was a zoo. This is due to the Thanksgiving evening shopping. But overall the Christmas season ends up being the same becuase customers come at other times throughout the season now.

Trust me, stores and malls are terrified by the liability concerns created by that 2000s BF insanity. They just won't admit it becuase lawsuits.

wphiii

This is a pretty cool concept, obviously the jury is out on the execution.

At the very least, hopefully it will inspire some folks to realize that when road tripping there's a lot of merit to not just flying from Point A to Point B as fast as possible.

cjk374

I will be at work on Black Friday, as usual.  I will prolly miss most, if not all of this show.  I think I would rather take my own roadtrip.  The people on this show better be good conversationalists so the show will be interesting.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

vdeane

Someone should tell Dan Murphy about this (he does the roadwaywiz YouTube channel).  He could get his own TV network.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jeffandnicole

1.2 million viewers may have watched it, but how many really just left it on for their dogs to watch while they went out and shopped???

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.