News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-265 Ohio River Bridge

Started by mgk920, March 06, 2012, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverback1065

Or maybe I'm mistaken I thought there was a law where the US highway is never on a toll road, with certain exceptions like us 51 since Illinois 251 is free

NE2

Quote from: silverback1065 on January 22, 2017, 06:29:45 PM
Or maybe I'm mistaken I thought there was a law where the US highway is never on a toll road, with certain exceptions like us 51 since Illinois 251 is free
That's AASHTO policy and doesn't apply to toll bridges for reasons that should be obvious if you think for a second.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

silverback1065

And how is this obvious? list the policy

NE2

Quote from: silverback1065 on January 22, 2017, 06:32:41 PM
And how is this obvious?
Because many U.S. Highways cross toll bridges.

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

silverback1065

Well forgive me for being wrong and not being an encyclopedia like you

dfwmapper

Bridges never had that limitation due to the much higher costs of building them. There are quite a few toll bridges on the US highway system, mostly in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel carries US 13, the Benjamin Franklin Bridge carries US 30 (cosigned with I-676), the George Washington Bridge carries US 1, US 9, US 46 (and I-95), the Chesapeake Bay Bridge carries US 50 and US 301, the Delaware Memorial Bridge carries US 40, and there are plenty of others.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: mvak36 on January 10, 2017, 11:14:10 AM
Quote from: cabiness42 on January 10, 2017, 06:54:42 AM

I think I mentioned this already but 265/65 in Indiana also needs to get rid of the 3 cloverleafs it has.

That interchange also looks like a good candidate for a turbine interchange (if they get rid of all the cloverleafs). Or, if they only do one cloverleaf, make the WB 265 to SB 65 a flyover or directional ramp to get rid of the weaving.

I'm not hopeful that it will make any difference, but I did send a message to my state senator and copied INDOT Southeast on my request to consider a project to eliminate the cloverleafs at I-65/I-265, and also secondarily a project to turn the I-65/Veterans Pkwy interchange into a SPUI.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

mvak36

Quote from: cabiness42 on January 22, 2017, 08:25:53 PM
Quote from: mvak36 on January 10, 2017, 11:14:10 AM
Quote from: cabiness42 on January 10, 2017, 06:54:42 AM

I think I mentioned this already but 265/65 in Indiana also needs to get rid of the 3 cloverleafs it has.

That interchange also looks like a good candidate for a turbine interchange (if they get rid of all the cloverleafs). Or, if they only do one cloverleaf, make the WB 265 to SB 65 a flyover or directional ramp to get rid of the weaving.

I'm not hopeful that it will make any difference, but I did send a message to my state senator and copied INDOT Southeast on my request to consider a project to eliminate the cloverleafs at I-65/I-265, and also secondarily a project to turn the I-65/Veterans Pkwy interchange into a SPUI.
Good luck.

iPhone
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

GreenLanternCorps

Does anyone know if Kentucky and Indiana have submitted the application(s) to AASHTO to get I-265 officially designated between I-65 and I-71?

Interstate 69 Fan

Quote from: GreenLanternCorps on February 03, 2017, 10:02:14 AM
Does anyone know if Kentucky and Indiana have submitted the application(s) to AASHTO to get I-265 officially designated between I-65 and I-71?
Not that I know. I tried searching it up, but nothing.
Apparently I’m a fan of I-69.  Who knew.

hbelkins

I can verify that the toll transponders are working correctly. I got my West Virginia E-ZPass statement yesterday, and it accurately showed three trips across the East End Bridge on Dec. 20 at $2 apiece.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

rlb2024

Quote from: hbelkins on February 03, 2017, 04:07:55 PM
I can verify that the toll transponders are working correctly. I got my West Virginia E-ZPass statement yesterday, and it accurately showed three trips across the East End Bridge on Dec. 20 at $2 apiece.
But I thought tolling wasn't to begin on any of the bridges until December 30?

hbelkins

Quote from: rlb2024 on February 03, 2017, 10:38:59 PM
But I thought tolling wasn't to begin on any of the bridges until December 30?

Typo. I meant 30. I have fat fingers, the 2 and 3 are next to each other on the keyboard, and I never quite mastered typing numbers without looking at the keys.

NWI_Irish96

My EZ Pass has also been charged for all of my trips. 

CardInLex

I have an unregistered plate with no EZ pass or RiverLink. I crossed both the downtown and the east end bridge on December 30th. I received one bill for the two crossings (totaling $8). The bill included a picture of my car and plate as I crossed one of the bridges (downtown I think). I was able to pay it online without making an account--just as a guest.

So, I can confirm that the paper billing system is working!

hbelkins

Quote from: CardInLex on February 08, 2017, 04:48:46 PM
I have an unregistered plate with no EZ pass or RiverLink. I crossed both the downtown and the east end bridge on December 30th. I received one bill for the two crossings (totaling $8). The bill included a picture of my car and plate as I crossed one of the bridges (downtown I think). I was able to pay it online without making an account--just as a guest.

So, I can confirm that the paper billing system is working!

I'd like to hear a report for someone from a distant state. It's been several years since I drove on the PGBT (sounds like a dog breed) in the Dallas area and I have yet to receive a bill.

NE2

Pig Butt sounds like a dog breed?

hbelkins

Quote from: NE2 on February 09, 2017, 01:01:01 PM

Every year when the Westminster dog show is on, there's a breed with a long name that the announcers always abbreviate as "PBGV."

Alps

Quote from: hbelkins on February 09, 2017, 03:36:38 PM
Quote from: NE2 on February 09, 2017, 01:01:01 PM

Every year when the Westminster dog show is on, there's a breed with a long name that the announcers always abbreviate as "PBGV."
Pit Bulls Generate Violence?

dfwmapper

Quote from: hbelkins on February 09, 2017, 10:25:30 AM
I'd like to hear a report for someone from a distant state. It's been several years since I drove on the PGBT (sounds like a dog breed) in the Dallas area and I have yet to receive a bill.
Right up until NTTA gets reciprocity with a toll agency that has access to your state's license plate database, in which case you might get a gigantic bill for the toll plus all the late fees and whatnot. You'll probably be able to call them and talk them down to just paying the actual toll if you don't act like a jerk on the phone.
Quote from: hbelkins on February 09, 2017, 03:36:38 PM
Petit Basset Griffon Vendéen. Basically what you get when you combine the body of a basset with the coat of a terrier.

ukfan758

After traveling on this several times I can't help but notice that the cops seem to love this new section of freeway for speed enforcement. I have seen them hide out frequently beside the Port Road overpass in the median as well as the Old Salem Road onramps. It really should be 65mph considering it's in a semi-rural environment, as the majority of drivers treat it, but the cops are taking advantage of the slow 55mph limit.

NWI_Irish96

Yeah, I see ISP just about every time I go over there.  I keep my cruise set at 67 and they don't bother me.

silverback1065

Quote from: ukfan758 on April 13, 2017, 12:35:05 AM
After traveling on this several times I can't help but notice that the cops seem to love this new section of freeway for speed enforcement. I have seen them hide out frequently beside the Port Road overpass in the median as well as the Old Salem Road onramps. It really should be 65mph considering it's in a semi-rural environment, as the majority of drivers treat it, but the cops are taking advantage of the slow 55mph limit.

265 sounds like 465, speed limit is posted as 55, but the real speed limit is 70.

compdude787

Quote from: ukfan758 on April 13, 2017, 12:35:05 AM
After traveling on this several times I can't help but notice that the cops seem to love this new section of freeway for making money.

FTFY  :D

NWI_Irish96

I have not seen anything on the news locally regarding getting IN-265 from I-65 to the bridge and KY 841 from the bridge to I-71 signed as I-265.  Does anybody have any info on this process?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.