News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Forum Status

Started by Zeffy, July 27, 2016, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I had to do this to post

Sorry
0 (0%)
^
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Zeffy

I've gotten the forum back up and running. Somewhat. The login issues seem to be fixed, but I know there are some problems that still linger. That being said, if you guys come across any errors that you don't remember happening in the past, can you please post them here?

Here's what I have noticed thus far:
*Posting a new thread in the Welcome and Suggestions and Questions boards does not work - redirects back to board index (I posted this via New Poll)
*Attempting to view profiles redirects to board index - fixed?
*Board theme defaulted back to SMF default - go to User CP and use Button Copy V2 theme if you like the old one

Other users noticed:
*Chat link missing
*Ranks not showing up

But logging in SHOULD work. If it goes down I'll have to bring the forum offline again. Hopefully this'll be fixed soon!
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

hotdogPi

What caused the forum to go down?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

briantroutman

Quote from: Zeffy on July 27, 2016, 09:10:55 PM
*Attempting to view profiles redirects to board index - fixed?

This function is working properly for me.

74/171FAN

I have noticed that we cannot see the ranking system at the moment. (dirt road, interstate, expressway, "likes the forum way, way too much", etc.)
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

bootmii

The theme is absolutely hideousgusting right now. Don't you think we should go back to the roadgeek theme?
Born again roadgeek from California.

cl94

Quote from: 74/171FAN on July 27, 2016, 09:39:07 PM
I have noticed that we cannot see the ranking system at the moment. (dirt road, interstate, expressway, "likes the forum way, way too much", etc.)

I was about to mention that. Switching themes does not fix it.

Quote from: bootmii on July 27, 2016, 09:45:54 PM
The theme is absolutely hideousgusting right now. Don't you think we should go back to the roadgeek theme?

But not the Clearview theme I didn't even know we had until today. Please. Most of us are not in British Columbia, Pennsylvania, or Texas.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

hotdogPi

Quote from: cl94 on July 27, 2016, 09:48:32 PM

But not the Clearview theme I didn't even know we had until today. Please. Most of us are not in British Columbia, Pennsylvania, or Texas.

That was only forced upon us April 1, 2015? I think it was 2015.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

cl94

Quote from: 1 on July 27, 2016, 09:51:31 PM

That was only forced upon us April 1, 2015? I think it was 2015.

It was and it was optional, with a "click here to see our upcoming new theme" link.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

briantroutman

As Zeffy mentioned, you can switch back to the Roadgeek theme–go to Profile in the top nav, then click Look and Layout; under "Current Theme"  click Change, then select Button Copy 2.0–this is the version without Clearview.

cl94

Another one: The link to chat is gone. I can still get to it by manually entering the URL, but it doesn't transfer my login info.

nexus73

Quote from: briantroutman on July 27, 2016, 09:55:03 PM

As Zeffy mentioned, you can switch back to the Roadgeek theme—go to Profile in the top nav, then click Look and Layout; under “Current Theme” click Change, then select Button Copy 2.0—this is the version without Clearview.

No such animal showing up on my end.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Zeffy

Quote from: 1 on July 27, 2016, 09:27:23 PM

Still unknown, but I think a faulty .htaccess file is to blame for a lot of these issues. Doesn't explain some of them though.

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: nexus73 on July 27, 2016, 10:14:18 PM
Quote from: briantroutman on July 27, 2016, 09:55:03 PM

As Zeffy mentioned, you can switch back to the Roadgeek theme–go to Profile in the top nav, then click Look and Layout; under "Current Theme"  click Change, then select Button Copy 2.0–this is the version without Clearview.

Rick

Just got it to work on mine.

briantroutman

Quote from: nexus73 on July 27, 2016, 10:14:18 PM
Quote from: briantroutman on July 27, 2016, 09:55:03 PMAs Zeffy mentioned, you can switch back to the Roadgeek theme–go to Profile in the top nav, then click Look and Layout; under "Current Theme"  click Change, then select Button Copy 2.0–this is the version without Clearview.

Rick

It looks like the procedure is slightly different when you're starting from the SMF Default theme vs. the Roadgeek theme.

Do this:
- Click Profile in the top nav
- Hover over Modify Profile; a drop-down menu will appear
- Click Look and Layout
- Under Current Theme (which will be "Forum or Board Default" ), click Change
- Scroll down to Button Copy 2.0, and click [Use this theme]

Zeffy

I think the default theme should now be the Button Copy Theme, so if it wasn't working for some hopefully that alleviates that issue.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Zeffy on July 27, 2016, 10:26:54 PM
I think the default theme should now be the Button Copy Theme, so if it wasn't working for some hopefully that alleviates that issue.

Yes, the default was reset to the Button Copy Theme for everybody so they don't have to change it manually.

Also, the rank problem should be fixed too.  Same with the 'CHAT' problem.

If you notice anything else weird, please don't hesitate to post about it here in the thread and it will be looked into.

Alps

Chat is kicking us out if the window is inactive. We used to be able to sit in there. Now, sitting in there for long periods of time (Carl) isn't great, but if I want to open another window for 10-15 minutes and then return to chat, I should still be in there so that I can see what I missed. Can you disable that auto-kick function?

cl94

Quote from: Alps on July 28, 2016, 12:05:05 AM
Chat is kicking us out if the window is inactive. We used to be able to sit in there. Now, sitting in there for long periods of time (Carl) isn't great, but if I want to open another window for 10-15 minutes and then return to chat, I should still be in there so that I can see what I missed. Can you disable that auto-kick function?

Noted that. It's also forcing me to log into chat separately, when it didn't before.

rickmastfan67

Hmmm, Alex might have to look into the chat timeout problems as I don't have access to the database part for it.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: cl94 on July 28, 2016, 12:13:54 AM

Noted that. It's also forcing me to log into chat separately, when it didn't before.

Might want to first logout and then back into the forums.  That might fix that problem.

CNGL-Leudimin

I want a refund due to not being able to access the forums yesterday.

Related to this, can everyone use the logout button? If one just closes the chat tab without logging out properly and there's nobody else, he will remain in the chat until someone comes in, and at that point the chat will kick off him. I like to do that overnight thanks to my time zone :sombrero:, like I've done a few minutes ago (It's now 4:35 a.m.).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

LM117

I was about to ask the same thing. I almost started to think that it got canned like the bip...

http://biproads.com/?reqp=1&reqr=nzcdYz5hMJWhpJLhpTW6
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

74/171FAN

Quote from: LM117 on July 28, 2016, 06:16:03 AM

I was about to ask the same thing. I almost started to think that it got canned like the bip...

I remember this happening at least once before.  If I remember right, the forum got hacked in late 2010 and it was down for a few days.  Otherwise it may have just been down for SMF related things and that other time.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Alex

Quote from: 74/171FAN on July 28, 2016, 06:44:52 AM
Quote from: LM117 on July 28, 2016, 06:16:03 AM

I remember this happening at least once before.  If I remember right, the forum got hacked in late 2010 and it was down for a few days.  Otherwise it may have just been down for SMF related things and that other time.

There have been a number of times where the forum was hacked and had to be taken into maintenance mode. This time appears to be related to a slight .htaccess change I made regarding a 301/RewriteEngine on command line in the parent directory of the site.

froggie

Two things, given some of the above comments:

- I'm having no problem viewing the ranks.

- Not everyone uses the Button Copy theme (nor the default theme).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.