News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Threads you'll never see on aaroads.com

Started by hm insulators, October 21, 2013, 04:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveG1988

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

formulanone

Photos of mall mile markers.

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 20, 2013, 03:25:22 AM
Quote from: SteveG1988 on December 20, 2013, 01:59:53 AM
Clinched airline routes

Airline routes you have partially clinched

:lol: Laughing because I'll be dying, and because the first criteria's pathetically in my sig.

1995hoo

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 20, 2013, 12:41:44 AM
Quote from: DaBigE on December 19, 2013, 01:43:50 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on December 19, 2013, 01:06:20 PM
...since she required us to maintain a sheet showing our grades in her class...

Umm...isn't that what she was paid to do? I could maybe see this as an ongoing lesson for a math class, but science? :confused:

I had a couple of teachers that required this. They maintained their own gradebook, but you were required to keep your own grade sheet as well, so you could know what your current grade for the class was. One teacher that required the grade sheet also required it to serve as a quasi-table of contents for a binder containing all of the graded homework and all of our notes from class, in the order assigned. She would occasionally collect the notebooks and verify that everything was present and organized, and we would receive a grade on that.

I don't remember any of the math she failed to teach us, but boy do I remember her bureaucratic notebook horseshit.

This is similar to what my teacher did. She also marked you down if you had anything in that binder that wasn't supposed to be in it or that was out of order.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 20, 2013, 07:21:34 AM

Umm...isn't that what she was paid to do? I could maybe see this as an ongoing lesson for a math class, but science? :confused:

I had a couple of teachers that required this. They maintained their own gradebook, but you were required to keep your own grade sheet as well, so you could know what your current grade for the class was. One teacher that required the grade sheet also required it to serve as a quasi-table of contents for a binder containing all of the graded homework and all of our notes from class, in the order assigned. She would occasionally collect the notebooks and verify that everything was present and organized, and we would receive a grade on that.

I don't remember any of the math she failed to teach us, but boy do I remember her bureaucratic notebook horseshit.

This is similar to what my teacher did. She also marked you down if you had anything in that binder that wasn't supposed to be in it or that was out of order.

Great. Threads we'll never see on aaroads topic has been hijacked with a thread.

kurumi

Clinched airline routes

Well, there was that one time I took off in a Cessna but it landed without me...
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

1995hoo

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 20, 2013, 08:13:16 AM
Quote from: 1995hoo on December 20, 2013, 07:21:34 AM

Great. Threads we'll never see on aaroads topic has been hijacked with a thread.

sammi

Clinched airline routes
:D I don't even.

MNL - NRT, NRT - SFO, SFO - DTW, DTW - MEM, MEM - MCO, MCO - JFK, JFK - DTW, DTW - NRT,
MNL - ZAM, MNL - TPE, TPE - YYZ, YYZ - SFO

1995hoo

Could an airline route count as a "partial clinch" if the route is one where a single flight number is used but multiple stops are made en route? Say, for example, you had a US Air flight that went from, I don't know, Philadelphia to Charlotte to Cancun all with the same flight number. If you flew the PHL to CLT portion, is that a "partial clinch"?

sammi

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 20, 2013, 11:57:39 AM
Could an airline route count as a "partial clinch" if the route is one where a single flight number is used but multiple stops are made en route?
I don't think so. A multi-stop flight is effectively multiple routes using the same plane.
Which is why I counted SFO - DTW, DTW - MEM, MEM - MCO as three separate routes.

formulanone

The Mob-Rule of flying, Flightmemory, basically considers a ticket with a departure and an arrival, with each stop-overs to count as individual segments. Basically, a take-off and landing is a segment, and even many airlines count those "segments" where you get on and off a plane as a trip.

phone at seat 14F in BOS.

Alps

I very nearly had a partial route clinch. Here's how: New York to Honolulu direct, but ran low on fuel and had to pit-stop in LAX. So... emergency landings could count, especially if you then abandon the remainder of the route.

SteveG1988

Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

elsmere241

Malls Clinched

Dead Malls Clinched

Best of Carbon-Copy Signs

Sanctimoniously

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 22, 2013, 06:27:29 AM
[tt]wow                 very cringe
        such clearview          must photo
much clinch      so misalign         wow[/tt]

See it. Live it. Love it. Verdana.

hotdogPi

Articles you'll never see on Wikipedia

Types of Clinches you have Clinched

Who is working December 32?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Duke87

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Takumi

Teeth you have clenched

Teeth you have clinched

The Doge thread (so road sign. wow)

NE2 and SPUI revealed to be different people

I bought yet another Prelude (this actually is about to happen. I have a problem, I know.)

I bought a car that isn't a Prelude (it's bound to happen eventually)

What to get ethanman62187 for Christmas

Giorgio Tsoukalos' hair: Aliens or aliens?
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Quote from: Takumi on December 21, 2013, 11:33:36 PM
I ride
Much wind
Very speed
Many fun
Wow
So bark

Scott5114

Quote from: Steve on December 21, 2013, 11:40:01 PM
Quote from: Takumi on December 21, 2013, 11:33:36 PM
I ride
Much wind
Very speed
Many fun
Wow
So bark

wow                 very cringe
much clinch      so misalign         wow
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Dougtone

Beers you have clinched (although a number of us in the Forum enjoy a good beer)
Sporting venues clinched
Hairballs you have collected
Illnesses you would like to have

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Dougtone

Sanctimoniously

wow                 very cringe
much clinch      so misalign         wow

That almost made me drown in Peace Tea.
[tt]wow                 very cringe
much clinch      so misalign         wow[/tt]

See it. Live it. Love it. Verdana.

Alps

Quote from: Dougtone on December 22, 2013, 07:14:40 AM
Beers you have clinched (although a number of us in the Forum enjoy a good beer)
Sporting venues clinched
Hairballs you have collected
Illnesses you would like to have
Did we never have a sporting venues thread? I can see both of the first two on here.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.