News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Roadgeeks and Myers-Briggs

Started by vdeane, August 24, 2014, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdeane

This is something that I've been curious of for a while now.  For those of you who know, what's your personality type?  I'm INFP, which basically means that I'm a cute and cuddly bundle of awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if most people here were rationalists (NT); the internet has an over-representation as a whole of intuitive personality types, but I'm pretty sure that we have a few guardians (SJ) here.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Zmapper

Big John

Took the online test before:  ISTJ

briantroutman

My Air Force officer brother thinks the sun rises and sets on Myers-Briggs. It makes sense that he would, since he sees human beings as interchangeable labor units to be acquired, installed, and replaced as necessary.

I think assuming you can boil a personality down to four letters is shortsighted, misguided, and arrogantly offensive.

"You prefer to take solace in your introspectiveness rather than inspiring others with your alacrity. Yes_ No_"

How about neither.

6a

I just took a test that said INTJ and this:

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

I have no idea what any of this means.

Edit:

Quote from: briantroutman on August 24, 2014, 06:47:52 PM
I think assuming you can boil a personality down to four letters is shortsighted, misguided, and arrogantly offensive.

Settle down, dude. We're just here chatting and I'm pretty sure no one here uses their assigned letter code to guide their daily existence.

oscar

I took another kind of personality test decades ago, to work out the best career match for me.  My test results pegged me as best matching female computer programmers.  I became a lawyer anyway, and also took a pass on the sex-change operation. :) 

I also took Myers-Briggs, and was unsurprised at the result, but decades later I can't remember (and am not going to bother re-creating) the result. 
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

6a

Maybe it meant "matching" female computer programmers, if you know what I mean :bigass:

Duke87

I'm an ISTJ. This labels me as an inspector, which I'd say is accurate, inspecting stuff is part of what I do for a living! It also puts me in the guardian temperament which seems to describe me decently well.

Although, reading through the description for the rationalist temperament that seems to do a good job describing me as well.

This stuff is, of course, limited in accuracy since human psychology is a complex thing and does not neatly boil down into any small number of categories. Everyone is different.

As the type of person who likes to systematically organize and sort things, though, I must say it does have some appeal. :P

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Laura

corco

I am an INTJ.

adventurernumber1

I am an INTJ, and it says:

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

kurumi

Huh. ESTJ. Although I guess the "J" was most surprising.

"You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)"
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

kj3400

I got this:

INTJ

Introvert(89%)  iNtuitive(50%)  Thinking(25%)  Judging(1%)
-You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
-You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
-You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
-You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

Sounds about right. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my corner writing terse notes about my future plans.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

english si

Quote from: vdeane on August 24, 2014, 06:13:28 PMI'm INFP, which basically means that I'm a cute and cuddly bundle of awesome.
I'm INFP too - we are awesome!

Thing 342

I got INTJ as well:

Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Thinking(88%)  Judging(33%)
You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

mobilene

Even the Myers-Briggs people would agree with you. It's just meant as a guide to generally describe personality, not as a rigid label or a pigeonhole.

I'm INFP, which seems to be an unusually well-represented type here so far. My older son is INFP, too, but in some really key ways he and I couldn't be more different.

-Jim
jim grey | Indianapolis, Indiana

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kj3400

I used this: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

I don't know how accurate it really is though.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

freebrickproductions

I'm an ISTP.
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

hbelkins

ISTJ
Introvert(67%)  Sensing(1%)  Thinking(62%)  Judging(78%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

US81

INTJ
Introvert (78%)  Intuitive (62%)  Thinking (1%)  Judging (22%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have distinct preference of Sensing over Intuition (62%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

vdeane

Since we're getting in to breakdowns (though I don't remember exact numbers): I have a very strong preference of introversion, a moderate preference of intuition, a slight/moderate preference of feeling, and a marginal preference of perceiving.

Quote from: oscar on August 24, 2014, 07:09:05 PM
I became a lawyer anyway, and also took a pass on the sex-change operation. :) 
But it's awesome being a girl!

Quote from: Duke87 on August 24, 2014, 09:10:53 PM
I'm an ISTJ. This labels me as an inspector, which I'd say is accurate, inspecting stuff is part of what I do for a living! It also puts me in the guardian temperament which seems to describe me decently well.

Although, reading through the description for the rationalist temperament that seems to do a good job describing me as well.

This stuff is, of course, limited in accuracy since human psychology is a complex thing and does not neatly boil down into any small number of categories. Everyone is different.

As the type of person who likes to systematically organize and sort things, though, I must say it does have some appeal. :P

You might be like me and have one letter that doesn't have a clear preference one way or another; I had to read type descriptions and find the best match.  I always assumed you were some variant of INT for various reasons; I guess the question is, when the zombie apocalypse happens, would you be hiding in a bunker or building a robot army to take over the world and trying to steal the psychic powers of the NF mutants?

Quote from: mobilene on August 25, 2014, 11:15:22 AM

Even the Myers-Briggs people would agree with you. It's just meant as a guide to generally describe personality, not as a rigid label or a pigeonhole.

I'm INFP, which seems to be an unusually well-represented type here so far. My older son is INFP, too, but in some really key ways he and I couldn't be more different.

-Jim
Indeed.  It's supposed to be a tool for people to understand themselves, not a dictating box.  The types are essentially best matches/preferences/tendencies (as much as the apocalypse survival links I just posted would suggest otherwise).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

corco

Oddly, INTJ is the rarest subset of people and we seem to have a lot of them here.

For me

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Duke87

Quote from: vdeane on August 25, 2014, 10:13:42 PM
You might be like me and have one letter that doesn't have a clear preference one way or another; I had to read type descriptions and find the best match.  I always assumed you were some variant of INT for various reasons;

So I took the test kj3400 linked to and it's pegging me as an INTJ. Huh.

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (100%)
    You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

I suppose it depends on what questions you ask. The last time I took a test like this it had me about 25% the other way on S versus N.

Based on Myers-Briggs' own descriptions, though, I have to say I definitely fit the Sensing category better than the Intuition category.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

cu2010

Quote from: vdeane on August 24, 2014, 06:13:28 PM
I'm INFP, which basically means that I'm a cute and cuddly bundle of awesome.

Somebody's a bit full of herself, aren't they? :pan:

I'm ISTP.

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.