Driver makes own plates with cardboard and colored pencil

Started by Pete from Boston, September 03, 2014, 01:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete from Boston

This is higher-quality design than the MBTA uses on a lot of its in-station signs.

From the Boston Globe:
Makeshift license plate lands Springfield woman in trouble

Silly Johanna–that's a June plate!  August plates end in "8."

Laura

Ha, I should have done this after I had my license plates stolen two years ago. Would have been a lot fancier than the black sharpie on cardboard "plates stolen MD 5AK6744" signs I put in the rear and front windows.

iPhone

signalman

Quote from: Laura on September 04, 2014, 10:50:04 AM
Ha, I should have done this after I had my license plates stolen two years ago. Would have been a lot fancier than the black sharpie on cardboard "plates stolen MD 5AK6744" signs I put in the rear and front windows.
iPhone
I saw something similar on US 22 in Easton, PA once.  The driver used a piece of cardboard and wrote "Pennsylvania" across the top, then the registration number in big easy to read characters.  On the bottom was written "Plate stolen on 5/22/01"   Since PA is a single plate state, the driver did not bother puting any information on the front of the vehicle.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.