MoDOT's Transportation Sales Tax 10-Year Project List

Started by Grzrd, June 12, 2014, 08:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grzrd

MoDOT has posted a webpage devoted to the transportation sales tax ten-year project list:

http://www.modot.org/movingforward/

The list will be posted at noon on Friday, June 13.  The page also has a list of scheduled public meetings and a comment form.

mvak36

They have posted the list. One of the interesting projects at a first glance is the widening and reconstruction of I-70 to six lanes between Wentzville and Independence.

Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

Scott5114

That just links to the projects in the Central District. Full lists: http://www.modot.org/movingforward/

The Bella Vista bypass is listed.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

mvak36

Sorry about that. I posted the wrong link by accident.

Here is the link to the Statewide list: http://www.modot.org/movingforward/documents/StatewideList.pdf

Revive 755

Regarding the list:

* For the St. Joesph/NW District of MoDOT, most interesting projects appear to be a couple interchange improvements on I-29 in the St. Joesph area and one interchange improvement on US 36

* I'm not see the Hannibal Bypass for US 61, nor any other major improvements elsewhere on US 61 in the Hannibal District of MoDOT

* Wonder if the combination of the US 169 Broadway Bridge replacement plus the entry for improving and connecting the I-70/I-35 interchange to the new Broadway Bridge would be for a full freeway grade connection to the new bridge?

* There's an entry for the KC District for widening US 50 to the Sedalia County line, but none for the Sedalia Bypass.  Personally I'd like the bypass much more.

* The Jefferson City District has an entry for widening US 50 from the Morgan County Line to the city of California, but with a two lane bypass of Tipton

* US 63 gets constructed on a new location from US 50 to north of Freeburg, and passing lanes from Vichy to north of Rolla

* I-55 gets six-laned from Route Z to the Herculaneum Exit, and probably an auxiliary lane between Route A in Festus and US 67

* US 40 would get widened between Route K and I-70 in St. Charles County

* In case anyone else has never heard of the "David Hoekel Parkway interchange" on I-70 in St. Charles County that Route N would be slowly improved to, here is a map

* Lots of improvements for I-170 north of and including the Page Avenue interchange

* There's an entry for upgrading the "Rtes 60, 65 and 360 freeway loop" to interstate standards

* Also an entry for bringing MO 249 and MO 171 up to interstate standards

* Appears I-55 would get a second interchange for Perryville, but north of Route T?  I'm not seeing a good place on the existing roadway network.

* Certainly looks like there are a lot more resurfacings and bridge work than major projects on the list

US71

I see they are proposing a new interchange for Route TT south of Rich Hill. What's wrong with the one they just built?

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

mvak36

Gnutella

This past fall I drove I-70 through Missouri, and I noticed three major undertakings that'd be required to widen the highway to six lanes:

1. There's a railroad bridge over I-70 near Wright City, forcing the highway under it with substandard curves and median width.

2. Lots of overpasses with low clearance and narrow underpassage in Columbia, resulting in substandard median width.

3. The bridges over the Missouri River are only capable of carrying four lanes and need to be replaced.

It seems to me like the biggest undertaking will be widening the highway through Columbia. It was very narrow there, and traffic was very heavy.

mvak36

Quote from: Gnutella on February 26, 2016, 02:46:30 AM
This past fall I drove I-70 through Missouri, and I noticed three major undertakings that'd be required to widen the highway to six lanes:

1. There's a railroad bridge over I-70 near Wright City, forcing the highway under it with substandard curves and median width.

2. Lots of overpasses with low clearance and narrow underpassage in Columbia, resulting in substandard median width.

3. The bridges over the Missouri River are only capable of carrying four lanes and need to be replaced.

It seems to me like the biggest undertaking will be widening the highway through Columbia. It was very narrow there, and traffic was very heavy.

At the time when they were trying to get that amendment passed, somebody from MODOT said that they could 3-lane the whole 210 mile stretch in like 2-3 years. I couldn't believe it when I when I heard that. It seemed way too optimistic.

I don't know how soon they can get to widening I-70 through the state. They have so many other needs throughout the state (and not enough money) before they can even get to that.

SteveG1988

They could get away with the bridge being a lane short each way, last exit before it would use the third lane as the exit only lane.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

ModernDayWarrior

Missouri voters overwhelmingly rejected this sales tax, so all this is moot for the time being.

Revive 755

IIRC, Back during the past studies for improving I-70 they were going to realign that section anyway to flatten the curve.  Seemed to vary though if they kept I-70 under the railroad or if I-70 was to go over the railroad on the new alignment during the studies.

Quote from: Gnutella on February 26, 2016, 02:46:30 AM2. Lots of overpasses with low clearance and narrow underpassage in Columbia, resulting in substandard median width.

MoDOT is already replacing some of the overpasses, see http://www.modot.gov/central/major_projects/70ColumbiaBridges/.  Certainly would be nice to get a bypass option for Columbia - one closer than US 50 or US 36 - before the mainline reconstruction starts.

Quote from: Gnutella on February 26, 2016, 02:46:30 AM3. The bridges over the Missouri River are only capable of carrying four lanes and need to be replaced.

The crossing at Booneville is only one bridge (Streetview).  Not too hard there to build a new bridge to one side, shift traffic to the new bridge, and either rehabilitate the existing or build a replacement.

Both bridges across the Missouri River at St. Charles already have four through lanes plus an auxiliary lane, so I don't think those will ever be widened, especially with extra capacity available on MO 370 to the north and MO 364 to the south.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.