I-80/US 65/US 6 interchange to be redone

Started by Revive 755, October 19, 2009, 01:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20091018/NEWS/910180345/-1/BUSINESS04

Would be nice to have a map showing the new configuration, much less a list of alternatives considered, but I'm guessing the interchange will be converted to a standard diamond.

And whatever happened to the left exit from WB I-80 to SB I-235?

froggie

QuoteAnd whatever happened to the left exit from WB I-80 to SB I-235?

It's still there.  The article writer either ignored Interstate-to-Interstate left exits (since the northbound I-35 "through movement" is also technically a left exit), or forgot about them.

froggie

I E-mailed the project engineer and got a PDF of the preliminary layout.  IaDOT is proposing a 5-ramp par-clo, with the loop being from EB 6 to WB 80, which would also make SB 65 to WB 80 a direct ramp.

Revive 755

As of 2/17/2011, the old ramp from EB I-80 to NB US 65 is closed off, but the bridge still remains.

The new signage for US 65 on EB I-80 could have been done a little better; the exit only arrow points to the shoulder.

iowahighways

Quote from: Revive 755 on February 17, 2011, 11:02:08 PM
The new signage for US 65 on EB I-80 could have been done a little better; the exit only arrow points to the shoulder.

They just rearranged the existing signs as a stopgap move until reconstruction is finished. (A "before" photo of what the signs on eastbound I-80 looked like last summer can be found here.)
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.