News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

TCH104 Antigonish Bypass – 2015 Update

Started by ghYHZ, September 06, 2015, 06:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghYHZ

It's been 3 years since Phase I of the TCH104 Antigonish Bypass opened in 2012 and it will be another year until Phase II is ready in Fall 2016.....extending an additional 7.5 km to Taylors Road.

This is the current start/end of Phase I just east of Exit 33 at Beech Hill Road. In the second photo.....this short 0.4km section connecting down the hill to the original alignment, including the overhead will be removed when the bypass in complete....then returned to a green field.

New alignment (below) between Phase 1 and II (overhead sign above is to the right)

This section of TCH104 cutting across the photo (below) will be removed, becoming Truck 4 and relocated to the overpass structure in the distance.

Below is the new structure at Exit 34 in Lower South River. It will be the jct with Route 316.

SignGeek101

Nice pictures. I always love seeing road construction photos, so thanks. Is there a phase III or is this it for the 104 for now?

ghYHZ

Quote from: SignGeek101 on September 06, 2015, 07:29:43 PM
Nice pictures. I always love seeing road construction photos, so thanks. Is there a phase III or is this it for the 104 for now?

Phase II is all for now. Probably the next section will be to fill in the 40 km gap between Sutherlands River and the start of Phase I west of Antigonish. It's being discussed as a possible Toll Highway.....but probably several years away

SignGeek101

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.