News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Canadian Highway 11 north of Burke Fals

Started by bisselltw, May 23, 2012, 12:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bisselltw

My family and I travel ON-11 from Barrie to New Liskeard (Ontario) every year on our fishing vacation.  So I have watched over the years as 11 has changed from a 2 lane road to a divided highway.  This progress has reduced the travel time, but I believe we enjoyed it more going through the smaller town. 

We always make a banking stop in Sundridge (getting Canadian dollars for the cabin rental).  Recently I checked Google Maps, and they indicate On-11 is now divided highway at Sundridge, and we will have to exit On-11 to go into Sundridge.  However the satelite image dos not show the devided highway.  So I am trying to determine if Google Maps satelite image is old, or if On-11 has really been uipgraded in the Sundridge  area. 

Can anyone answer this question?

Tom B

AsphaltPlanet

Yes, Ontario's Hwy 11 (there is no such thing as Canadian Hwy 11) goes around Sundridge and South River now. Hwy 124 goes through both towns following the old alignment. The new configuration is well signed.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Duke87

If it ever ends up being a freeway all the way from Barrie to North Bay, will it get a 4xx number? 411 is conveniently available...
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

AsphaltPlanet

Maybe, but despite being a four lane highway most of Hwy 11 is not up to 400 series highway standards. Unlike they have done in the past, it is currently the MTO's policy to not designate a highway as a 400 series road unless it meets the standard.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.