News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Be Carefull When Driving In Quebec!

Started by ghYHZ, November 20, 2012, 02:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: kphoger on December 01, 2012, 01:51:05 PM
Quote from: mgk920 on December 01, 2012, 12:37:30 PM
http://goo.gl/maps/q514M

That sort of thing is fairly common, especially in other countries.

Fairly common in the US too. Light rail lines do it all the time, obviously, but there are a fair number of examples of freight doing it.

Quote from: Grzrd on December 01, 2012, 01:09:30 PM
Quote from: Steve on December 01, 2012, 11:46:39 AM
Please point to where there was any moderation done...

At the top of the list of the Forum Guidelines is the following:

By posting in our forum, you automatically agree to the following:
What's not allowed:
•Duplicates posts/topics. Please use the search feature before you post!

You alleged ("kindly") that I duplicated SPUI's post.  With a prohibition against duplicative posts being at the top of the list, I assumed that violation of this guideline is in some sense a violation of a Forum Prime Directive (BTW my middle name is not Tiberius and I cannot ignore the Prime Directive as I wish).  You are a moderator and you alleged a duplication.

Looks like moderation and smells like moderation...

Above said, of course I am gravitating to the absurd.  I have no problem with the moderation on this Forum, to date. [emoticon deliberately omitted]

Was there any purple text used? No? Didn't think so. Moderators are people too, and, shockingly, sometimes post in a non-official capacity! That's why we have purple text.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Grzrd

Quote from: Grzrd on December 01, 2012, 01:09:30 PM
of course I am gravitating to the absurd.  I have no problem with the moderation on this Forum, to date.
Quote from: deathtopumpkins on December 02, 2012, 12:42:00 PM
Was there any purple text used? No? Didn't think so. Moderators are people too, and, shockingly, sometimes post in a non-official capacity! That's why we have purple text.

Excellent job of exemplifying bugo's argument over in the "Overmoderated" thread!!!  And so much for to date.
You clearly do not understand that I was just having a little bit of fun, which I pointed out in my most recent post.  Of course Steve was acting in a non-official capacity!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: I was simply playing off of the "Overmoderated" thread, and you walked right into it.
You are also mistaken that moderation always includes purple text.  In the past, I have had posts deleted without comment, i.e, no text, not even purple.

Admins seeking confrontations, like Scott did above, and Steve has done on occasion, bothers me concerning this place
(above quote from Hot Rod Hootenanny from the closed "Banned Notice" thread)

You also exemplify Hot Rod Hootenanny's distinction of using the purple text to seek confrontation instead of the legitimate purpose of moderation.  What a shame!

Scott5114

Sometimes the fact that you're joking (especially sarcasm) doesn't come through clearly in text. It appears Steve, and then dtp, thought you actually needed to be reminded that Steve's post was not intended to be perceived as him acting in his capacity as moderator. In my read-through it certainly seemed to me that you were indeed serious in believing Steve was attempting to moderate you until I got to your most recent post.

I understand the Overmoderation thread has rustled quite a few jimmies around here, but can we please all settle down and not turn into one of those websites where people cry "zomg mod abuse" at every turn?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Grzrd

Thank you for your thoughtful comments and (no sarcasm intended) thank you for doing so in black text.
I agree that joking does not always come across clearly in text.  In the sequence of posts, Steve took a playful jab by pointing out that I had duplicated a NE2 post.  I played back by accusing him of moderating and used a silly emoticon (intent: "I'm joking").  I thought he "got it" because he immediately made a jab about the emoticon (I misread his response as an attempt at humor).  Then, NE2 later pointed out that my initial post had not been a duplicate; I saw this as a wonderful opportunity to pursue the "moderation" theme and did so. Steve then asked me to point out the "moderation". I then pointed it out (all humor needs some basis in colorable fact).  In doing so, I clearly stated that I was being "absurd".  By this time, Steve (and all of the mods) had received some solid body blows about overmoderation.  Again, I attempted to subtly point out the joke by stating that I had no problems with moderation to date and then referenced the earlier exchange about emoticons by noting a deliberate omission.  I understand the adage to be, "if you give it, you damn well better be able to take it". My failed subtle attempt at humor was not well received by someone under attack from other quarters.  I underestimated the effect of those criticisms on the mods. Steve is a wonderful resource of the Forum.  He makes it "work".  I had no intent to create hard feelings, and, if I did, I apologize.

Dtp is another matter.  A review of his "moderation":

[snipped, see below -S.]

Scott5114

(forgive the purple text) In the interest of not having this turn into a public spectacle, I am going to move your review to the mod forum. We'll discuss this with dtp. Hopefully this thread can return to discussing telephone poles and/or houses in the middle of roads.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Grzrd

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 06, 2012, 07:52:02 AM
Hopefully this thread can return to discussing telephone poles and/or houses in the middle of roads.

Agreed. Thank you for your efforts in this matter.  :clap:

NE2

Damn. Who puts mod abuse in the middle of a thread?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

Quote from: NE2 on December 06, 2012, 12:13:13 PM
Damn. Who puts mod abuse in the middle of a thread?
Currently, it's at the top of the thread.
Technically this is violet text

webfil

I never thought that a post about QuĂ©bec would be that sensitive. And we are not even talking politics yet.  :bigass:

Grzrd

Quote from: webfil on December 08, 2012, 01:39:48 PM
And we are not even talking politics yet.

I dunno.  There was homage paid to Captain Kirk's repeated inability to obey the Prime Directive, which apparently rattled a lot of political nerves across the Federation ...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.