News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The actual Worst of Road Signs

Started by Alex, October 09, 2020, 12:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andarcondadont

Computer Science and GIS student at the University of Minnesota.

LilianaUwU

Sortie ssssseeeeepppppttttt on A-25:

Tunnel Louis-Hippolyte-Lafontaine road works, 2024 - 5 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr

And a very Oklahoma Special™-esque sign in the same area:

Tunnel Louis-Hippolyte-Lafontaine road works, 2024 - 3 by Liliana Vess, on Flickr
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

kphoger

Construction signage always gets special grace.  But that [7] is pretty funny.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

epzik8

From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

7/8

I feel like this sign is worth cross-posting to this thread. It's tough to read it even as a still image!

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 09, 2024, 01:49:28 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on March 09, 2024, 11:32:49 AM
On TN 355 SB in Kingsport, TN.  (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220075470517549&set=a.10220075698883258)

Ah, yes, there's nothing like a relaxing drive on ||||||||||||||||IIII.

mglass87

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JoePCool14

I'm aware that this isn't a new sign, but I had the distinguished honor of driving past this beauty, seeing it with my own eyes and getting a picture last month. The funniest part about it is that I wasn't expecting to see it, I didn't really know where this sign was. The surprise was great. 10/10 roadgeek moment.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Scott5114

A classic. Not sure which Oklahoma shield you like better? Why not both?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

LilianaUwU

I prefer this to the regular OK garbage. Dare I say it's so bad it's good?
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

plain

Not a horrible sign (not feeling the all uppercase letters on a modern sign though) but can you imagine what it would look like if there were multiple state routes on it?  :-D
Newark born, Richmond bred

formulanone

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 06, 2024, 10:11:32 AMI'm aware that this isn't a new sign, but I had the distinguished honor of driving past this beauty, seeing it with my own eyes and getting a picture last month. The funniest part about it is that I wasn't expecting to see it, I didn't really know where this sign was.

I think those are some of my favorite sign finds, as well. I also knew about this sign about a year earlier, had forgotten where it was, so it was also fun to just see it unexpectedly appear.

StogieGuy7

Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 06, 2024, 10:11:32 AMI'm aware that this isn't a new sign, but I had the distinguished honor of driving past this beauty, seeing it with my own eyes and getting a picture last month. The funniest part about it is that I wasn't expecting to see it, I didn't really know where this sign was. The surprise was great. 10/10 roadgeek moment.

So bad, it's good!

mglass87

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

74/171FAN

Quote from: Rothman on April 21, 2024, 08:23:59 PM
Quote from: mglass87 on April 21, 2024, 10:06:48 AMMan, that font:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/DaX2SAqdWDAcGC878

Before I clicked on it, I thought, "Pfft, how bad could it be?"

Yowsers.

I wonder how many people on the forum besides myself and Takumi have ever been by that sign.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 21, 2024, 09:56:16 PM
Quote from: Rothman on April 21, 2024, 08:23:59 PM
Quote from: mglass87 on April 21, 2024, 10:06:48 AMMan, that font:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/DaX2SAqdWDAcGC878

Before I clicked on it, I thought, "Pfft, how bad could it be?"

Yowsers.

I wonder how many people on the forum besides myself and Takumi have ever been by that sign.

I've been in the area but I have no clue how I missed this.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.