News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US 23 Trench - North Side Fix - North Columbus, OH

Started by silveradoman298, May 14, 2015, 10:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silveradoman298

I recently came across a project that I was unaware was taking place, and was interested in others' thoughts about it. Ohio DOT is constructing two north bound express lanes in a 25ft deep trench for a 3/4 mile stretch of US 23 just north of I 270. I'm not familiar with other areas that have just one direction of express lanes. I've traveled this stretch many times and southbound was just as congested. Is this project just northbound lanes to alleviate backups onto I 270?
"Call me a prisoner of the highway
Driven on by my restless soul
I'm a prisoner of the highway
Imprisoned by the freedom of the road"

6a

There really isn't room to fit two sets of express lanes. Putting in reversible lanes would cause a general aneurism with the motoring public, so I do think it is to relax NB traffic coming off 270. Another phase of the project, starting this year (I believe), reconfigures the 270/315 ramps heading SB on 23 so that should help with some congestion heading that direction.

vtk

Didn't we already have a thread for this project?
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

cl94

Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

silveradoman298

Thanks for the direction to the previous thread on this topic.
"Call me a prisoner of the highway
Driven on by my restless soul
I'm a prisoner of the highway
Imprisoned by the freedom of the road"

iBallasticwolf2

DISCLAIMER: RESSURECTING A TOPIC

With a quick Google Images search I have found some very interesting renderings of the final product of this expansion.

I-270/US 23 interchange.

Driving in to the express lanes.

Overview of one of the intersections on these new lanes.
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.