News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US 50 Illinois Resolution

Started by 3467, June 01, 2012, 05:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

Quote from: adt1982 on January 09, 2016, 03:52:44 PM
CSX hasn't pulled any of the Illinois Sub rails yet.  They are only cut in two places.

Given the way railroads pull routes up, CSX probably will remove that corridor, and then a year or two later a fracking boom does occur.

Straying from the initial a topic a bit, but I wonder why back when I-64 was being located/relocated if there was any consideration of following US 50 west of I-57, and then multiplexing with I-57 down to I-64's as built route?  Just seems kind of odd how I-64 is built away from any existing corridors between around Lebanon and I-57, while if it had stayed closer to US 50 it could have provided better access to Centralia - which was only smaller population wise than Mount Vernon by about 2,000 back in 1960.

roadgeek

Someone had mentioned putting in a roundabout at the US-50/US-45 intersection in Flora going towards Louisville. I disagree with that. I think it's fine the way it is. Last week I traveled US-50 from Olney to Salem. There wasn't much traffic at all. I really don't see any need to add lanes and whatnot.
My Road Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/roadgeek31/

Keep checking back for updates!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.