News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I hate this song!

Started by allniter89, October 05, 2014, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Molandfreak on November 17, 2014, 11:24:33 PM
Anything by The Bangles. Vicki Peterson's voice sounds like a whiny toddler. :-P

I thought it was Susanna Hoffs doing most of the vocals.  These day I mostly hear of her doing duets with Matthew Sweet.  Regardless, where are you hearing a lot of Bangles songs in 2014? 

Molandfreak

Quote from: Pete from Boston on November 17, 2014, 11:49:48 PM
Anything by The Bangles. Vicki Peterson's voice sounds like a whiny toddler. :-P
I thought it was Susanna Hoffs doing most of the vocals.  These day I mostly hear of her doing duets with Matthew Sweet.  Regardless, where are you hearing a lot of Bangles songs in 2014?
Ah. I'm not an expert on the band. I listen to KOOL 108 in Minneapolis pretty frequently when my iPod isn't charged, so that's where I hear them.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

spooky

Quote from: roadman65 on November 17, 2014, 04:46:06 PM
Oh, for those of you who wondered about that falsetto artist  I mentioned here and months ago on another trying to point what song it was I was trying to let you know about it is this artist here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Tresvant and the song was called Cool It Down as part of the New Edition.

you're welcome.

misterjimmy

Springsteen's "Born in the U.S.A."  Actually, ANY Springsteen. He has some talent and a lot of luck and made his money and I have no problem with that. I just never liked his music.

Now get off my lawn.
"Clearview sucks. No, seriously: what's with that stupid lower case 'L'?"

bugo

I'm not a Springsteen fan, but Nebraska was pretty decent.

texaskdog

Quote from: Pete from Boston on November 17, 2014, 11:49:48 PM

I remember everyone in 1986 talking about that movie she was in since it had a love scene. Worst movie I've ever seen, do not see the Allnighter!!

dave069

Justin Beiber and One Direction piss me off more than anything else. I will not listen to either of them under any circumstances whatsoever.

LM117

Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together". The Food Lion near my house has been playing the shit out of it lately.  :ded:

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

US 41

I always change the station when I hear any song by Adele.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

74/171FAN

I think songs should not have the word "work" in them for awhile.  Thanks Fifth Harmony ("Work From Home"- work said 97 times according to azlyrics.com) and Rihanna ("Work"-work said 80 times).  Also I am not even mentioning the terrible production.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

mgk920

Quote from: mgk920 on November 12, 2014, 11:55:20 AM
A few that will make me change the radio station as quickly as possible:

-Nena - '99 Luft balloons (99 Red Balloons)'
-Right Said Fred - 'I'm Too Sexy'
-Bruce Hornsby and the Range - 'The Way It Is'
-Men Without Hats - 'I Wanna Be A Cowboy'
-Anything by Barbara Streisand
(more titles as I think of them)

-Nearly all country newer than about 1981.  IMHO, the genre 'Jumped the Shark' with the Urban Cowboy craze of that time.  Before then, the genre was full of great sounds, styles and song writing, after it became all pre-programmed dreg.
-All vile gangsta/ghetto (c)rap.  Also stuff with too much overt sexual innuendo.
-Pretty much all headbanger, hard punk, death metal and related stuff.

BTW, when I was younger, I also cringed when I heard a Rush song as Geddy Lee's voice grated me in the same 'fingernails on a chalkboard' manner as it does some of the other respondents in this thread.  OTOH, in more recent years I have grown to appreciate it and I now find their stuff to be quite good, indeed.

A few more:

-Yellow - 'Oh Yea'
-Rick Springfield - 'Jessie's Girl'
-Midnight Oil - 'Beds Are Burning'
-Chainsmokers - '#SELFIE'
-Anything by Cat Stevens

:ded:

Mike

thenetwork

Some of my most hated recents:

TRY by Colbe Callat  -- Makes Smelly Cat sound like a masterpiece.
HOME (?) by One Republic  -- Sounds like the Atlanta Braves war/rally chant on caffeine.

One that has  reared it's ugly head on a TV spot: Gonna Make You Sweat, by C + C Music Factory.

roadman

Anything by Adele.  Her stuff is horribly overplayed and all sounds exactly the same.  Plus, take away the 130 piece orchestra that backs her up, and her 1,000 member publicity machine that is cramming her name down the throats of every radio station executive and DJ in the country, and you'll find IMO that she actually has very little talent.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

74/171FAN

Quote from: roadman on May 14, 2016, 04:33:55 PM
Anything by Adele.  Her stuff is horribly overplayed and all sounds exactly the same.  Plus, take away the 130 piece orchestra that backs her up, and her 1,000 member publicity machine that is cramming her name down the throats of every radio station executive and DJ in the country, and you'll find IMO that she actually has very little talent.

You must have never listened to Pitbull, Flo Rida, Nickelback (the punching bag for having similar sounding songs), Akon, etc.       :banghead:

IMO, Adele is great compared to most on the radio, and she has never had a song that I would truly say I dislike.  "Hello" was just overplayed to the point of exhaustion more than anything else.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: dave069 on May 13, 2016, 06:37:46 PM
Justin Beiber and One Direction piss me off more than anything else. I will not listen to either of them under any circumstances whatsoever.
Agreed; though I do enjoy just *one* song by One Direction, but that's about it. I also refuse to support Justin Beiber.

Quote from: mgk920 on May 13, 2016, 11:28:19 PM
-Yellow - 'Oh Yea'
-Midnight Oil - 'Beds Are Burning'
I'll admit, I tolerate "Oh Yea" (can be fun to listen to sometimes while in the car), but I love "Beds are Burning".
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Thing 342

I don't listen to the radio that much anymore, but I've found that "Renegades" by the Ambassadors really grinds my gears.

US 41

I agree 110%. I don't think Adele has a good voice at all and I always change the station whenever one of her songs come on. It's kind of funny how you mentioned this 4 posts after I did. I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't stand her music.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

SignGeek101

I don't like most of the stuff on the radio period. If I want music, I'll find it myself. I'm kind of weird in that I love listening to movie and video game soundtracks rather than "typical" music.

noelbotevera

Anything that's millennial stuff (despite me being a millennial myself). Prior to 2000, I consider those songs good, except for the ones that repeat for hours on end or repeat the same words in different places. The only modern music that I do like (after 2000) is electronic music such as EDM, trap, house, etc. But never, ever dubstep.

Quote from: US 41 on May 14, 2016, 10:45:31 PM

I agree 110%. I don't think Adele has a good voice at all and I always change the station whenever one of her songs come on. It's kind of funny how you mentioned this 4 posts after I did. I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't stand her music.
Oh yes. I love video game soundtracks. But please never Undertale, I don't want the fanbase raiding the forum.

TheHighwayMan3561

Adele is one of the few contemporary artists I like listening to. Obviously I don't give a shit if you don't like her, but given how she's one of the few artists on an island from the 60s-80s bands that generally fill my collection she stands out for that.

One song I used to like but can't tolerate anymore is "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin, between my former Zeppelin obsession and it being played to death on classic rock radio. I don't really enjoy much Zep before IV anymore.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

74/171FAN

Quote from: freebrickproductions on May 14, 2016, 07:19:10 PM
Quote from: dave069 on May 13, 2016, 06:37:46 PM
Agreed; though I do enjoy just *one* song by One Direction, but that's about it. I also refuse to support Justin Beiber.

I eventually grew to like "What Do You Mean?", but nothing has indicated that he has truly changed overall.

Quote from: Thing 342 on May 14, 2016, 07:48:04 PM
I don't listen to the radio that much anymore, but I've found that "Renegades" by the Ambassadors really grinds my gears.

Should I presume that this is due to the song being created specifically for a Jeep Renegade commercial from last year?

hbelkins

I'm a huge Rush fan, but I can't stomach "Roll The Bones." I'm also sick to death of "Tom Sawyer."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

dave069

I don't really like contemporary pop music in general. I like 70s and 80s best to be honest. I love Rush! They're one of my favorite bands.

GCrites

Quote from: hbelkins on May 15, 2016, 04:19:00 PM
I'm a huge Rush fan, but I can't stomach "Roll The Bones." I'm also sick to death of "Tom Sawyer."

Rush from Moving Pictures on is controversial as hell, though it seems like people don't mind their 21st century output.

Roadrunner75

Quote from: hbelkins on May 15, 2016, 04:19:00 PM
Me too (Rush fan), and I get tired of only hearing Tom Sawyer on the radio as well (and people who can only name that song when Rush comes up).  Their last (maybe final?) album was actually pretty good after a long dry period.  But I just want to tell Alex that it's OK again to drop in a solo here or there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.