News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Texas Has Four Lisence Plate Styles Currently In Use

Started by Brian556, November 19, 2014, 12:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura

There's a weird hybrid of plates traveling with the car and staying with the owner here in MD. You cannot own plates without a car to put them on. As long as you have a vehicle at any given time, you can keep the same plates.

I wanted to keep my old style MD plates when I got my current car in 2011, but couldn't since they were registered to both me and my mom while my new car is registered to only me.

My cousin has the same plates he's owned since 1994 on his current car. Weirdly enough, they are barely readable because the white background has turned black from the sun. My grandfather's truck had the same plates for 20 years, until they could be turned in for "historic" plates.

iPhone

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.