What is the weirdest thing you've ever seen on the side of the road?

Started by pumpkineater2, December 19, 2014, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpkineater2

This can be anything that you've seen while driving down the road; unusual objects, or people doing unusual things.

The weirdest thing I've ever seen was when my family and I were on our way up to flagstaff on I-17. I believe we had just passed the sunset point rest area, when we saw a minivan pulled over on the shoulder.  Next to the van, there was a large recliner sitting maybe a foot from the right lane, (with it's back facing traffic at a 45 degree angle) and there was a girl in it. Her parents were standing in front of it taking pictures of her sitting just feet away from 75 M.P.H. traffic!!! They were all smiling and having a good time like what they were doing was completely normal. No joke, this happened! I've never seen anything like it before or since.
Come ride with me to the distant shore...

bugo

I saw a severed Holstein cow's head sitting on the shoulder on what was then US 78 near Jasper, AL.

xcellntbuy

A dead alligator at the north end of Card Sound Road in Homestead, FL.

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

renegade

Quote from: bugo on December 20, 2014, 03:21:46 AM
I saw a severed Holstein cow's head sitting on the shoulder on what was then US 78 near Jasper, AL.

I saw the rest of the cow on the shoulder of US 23 near Dundee, Michigan!
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Alps

I was stopped in a parking lot once just before a traffic count, going over the mechanics of the count with my coworker, when a bird just fell on the car in front of us and bounced onto the ground. Must have died in the tree.

freebrickproductions

I've seen bags of leaves lying in the middle of the road before around here in Huntsville.
And there's also a decaying couch last I checked on US 231 a little north of Lacey's Spring.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.