News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

A route with no ends

Started by Alps, March 07, 2013, 09:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtk

Quote from: Steve on March 07, 2013, 09:10:39 PM
As I'm writing my Ohio 710 page, I notice that the first shield leaving OH 161 is for North 710. Well, the route runs mostly east/west, but the major issue is that the other end of 710 faces south. Anyway, I get to the other end, and on Cleveland Avenue NB I find a milepost that says "710 N" on it. What this basically tells me is that OH 710 NB has no ends - and OH 710 SB has two ends. Or just maybe ODOT should sign the whole thing east/west. (:

I think ODOT shouldn't sign the route at all.  Change it to 161C internally and take all the signs down.  I'd say abolish the route completely, but it's probably there for a reason, that reason having something to do with the Budweiser brewery.  Like all cities in Ohio, Columbus is responsible for routine maintenance of all non-Interstate state highways in its borders, but I suspect cities get state funding to do so in an amount which is based on in-city highway mileage, so decommissioning OH 710 would interfere with that.  But as far as I can tell, the signage of this screwball route is of no benefit to the public.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.