News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Website Weekends

Started by Alps, August 17, 2009, 10:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alps

Well, if you see my recent post - this weekend was a huge success!  1,000 photos captioned and uploaded, update complete.  Probably my last Website Weekend for a good long while.

Alps

It's another Website Weekend for me!  I've sorted the last 650 photos in my next update, and now plowing through editing - hope to edit at least that many today.  I'd like to get the Southern roads out before I have to start studying for my PE exam (as if I'm really going to study... but I know I should).

Dougtone

I'll be adding some road photos to my Flickr account tomorrow, from Pennsylvania and possibly elsewhere.

SSOWorld

I'm close to getting photos from the latest trip ready - but I'm going to blog it as well.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Dougtone

My contributions to the latest installment of Website Weekend were the addition of numerous new photos to my Flickr account, from Pennsylvania and Rhode Island.  Enjoy!

PA: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougtone/collections/72157607613959654/
RI: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougtone/collections/72157621038011649/

Ian

Quote from: Dougtone on August 22, 2010, 10:04:33 PM
My contributions to the latest installment of Website Weekend were the addition of numerous new photos to my Flickr account, from Pennsylvania and Rhode Island.  Enjoy!

PA: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougtone/collections/72157607613959654/
RI: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougtone/collections/72157621038011649/

Very cool! I especially liked the photos of PA 452, PA 261, and PA 491, which are in my neck of the woods.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

mightyace

I'm going to be busy this weekend.

However, I may be taking some extended time off from work.  Maybe I can get at the backlog of my photos then.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Alps

I'm storming through my South update this weekend, hoping to be able to update sometime next week.  Maybe even Sunday?  I just have Oklahoma left to go, 520 photos.  I knocked off Alabama between yesterday and tonight, so just maybe I'll have something to announce shortly...

Dougtone

Oh, the weather outside is frightful.  Really, it is, at least where I live.  Therefore, I am declaring an impromptu Website Sunday for whomever wishes to participate.

agentsteel53

nope, the weather here is really nice, so I'll probably be working on signs outdoors.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Ian

Today is fairly wet here. What a great day to put up Christmas lights! But to contribute correctly to this thread, I may finish uploading the DC photos I took this past Thanksgiving.
Youtube l Flickr

Alps

Fresh snow on the ground, good football on Sunday, all sorts of nasty colds going round, I declare this a fine Website Weekend to sit in, stay warm, and be productive!

Alps

I have six Billy Joel records I haven't spun yet, and a 10,000 photo backlog. As I edit new Maryland photos and pages for everyone, have a WEBSITE WEEKEND!

Dr Frankenstein

I will soon have a website weekend too as I caption and upload more photos to my gallery. I will also start designing a decent website and perhaps find better hosting.

Dougtone

I may have to declare a self induced website Sunday this weekend, since I'll be weathering a tropical storm.  At least I plan on getting some photos up onto Flickr, both of the roads and non-roads variety.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: Dougtone on August 26, 2011, 12:39:15 PM
I may have to declare a self induced website Sunday this weekend, since I'll be weathering a tropical storm.  At least I plan on getting some photos up onto Flickr, both of the roads and non-roads variety.

I don't even know if I will have power this Sunday, but I have a lot of roads photos to upload (from the New Haven and Central NJ meets), so it should be fun.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Alps

I'll either be hunkered down somewhere in greater Boston or less hunkered somewhere in greater Scranton. One way or another, my Sunday will involve some form of productivity.

Ian

Sunday might be the day I upload all my New Hampshire photos to Flickr (if I have power or internet).
Youtube l Flickr

Alps

With up to 18" of snow forecast for the Northeast (depending on location and which model you hope to believe), it's a great weekend for hot cocoa, staying in pajamas... and working on a website!

froggie

Alps

It's always a great weekend to serve your country.

Alps

Hey, remember when we used to announce these? I'm busy finishing up my PA covered bridge pages and then getting started on my 1100+ photo MD update.

Zeffy

Quote from: Alps on February 22, 2014, 05:15:06 PM
Hey, remember when we used to announce these? I'm busy finishing up my PA covered bridge pages and then getting started on my 1100+ photo MD update.

Looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time on your website in the near future...  ;-)
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Alps

It's winter, and that means Website Weekend season! I've edited about 700 photos so far, and will have captioned at least 300 by the end of the day. So I'll start announcing these in December. Ideally, those of us with websites could get together, update together, eat, drink, watch football, etc. Anyone still maintain them? I'll accept Wikipedians only as a last resort.

dgolub

Quote from: Alps on November 16, 2014, 06:14:19 PM
It's winter, and that means Website Weekend season! I've edited about 700 photos so far, and will have captioned at least 300 by the end of the day. So I'll start announcing these in December. Ideally, those of us with websites could get together, update together, eat, drink, watch football, etc. Anyone still maintain them? I'll accept Wikipedians only as a last resort.

Yes, I certainly do.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.