News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Maps of old alignments through the Kansas City area.

Started by roadman65, March 24, 2012, 12:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Where were all US routes that are now tangled on freeways and surface streets in Kansas City aligned years ago like US 40.

I would be interested in knowing other routes as well like how US 69 and US 169 were aligned through the Kansas City area before I-35 and how US 50 went through Olathe, KS too.  I know US 50 was concurrent with US 75 and US 56 east of Ottawa as west of there to Emporia you can see on any map where it was easily.  The rest is confusing.

Any links or published maps or information would be great. 
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

bugo

US71

Quote from: roadman65 on March 24, 2012, 12:29:19 PM
Where were all US routes that are now tangled on freeways and surface streets in Kansas City aligned years ago like US 40.

I would be interested in knowing other routes as well like how US 69 and US 169 were aligned through the Kansas City area before I-35 and how US 50 went through Olathe, KS too.  I know US 50 was concurrent with US 75 and US 56 east of Ottawa as west of there to Emporia you can see on any map where it was easily.  The rest is confusing.

Any links or published maps or information would be great. 

I have quite a few old maps for Missouri in my collection.

For example: In 1949, US 71 came into KC along Troost to 18th St, West to Oak (US 40/Alt 69/US 169), then north across the Missouri River. Alternate 71 followed The Paseo. Then there was also Bypass 71 which mostly follows modern day Mo 291 north of Harrisonville.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.