News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel

Started by Mapmikey, November 21, 2016, 08:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on August 29, 2023, 05:51:19 AM
Are there any plans to reopen the rest area and store? It was a great place to stop.

The store/restaurant is gone forever.  I am unsure if the piers will reopen eventually.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Alps

Are there any plans to reopen the rest area and store? It was a great place to stop.

Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 29, 2023, 06:13:07 AM
The store/restaurant is gone forever.  I am unsure if the piers will reopen eventually.
I agree with both of the above.

froggie

As I understand things, the plan is to reopen a fishing pier at the end of the project.  But as noted, the store/restaurant is permanently gone.  Including them would have been into the 9-digits in cost because of how much the south island would have to be expanded to make space.

Ted$8roadFan

Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 29, 2023, 06:13:07 AM

Too bad. The CBBT is so unique that it deserves its own tourist gathering spot.

roadman65

Is there room on one of the other three islands to build a new store and eatery?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

froggie

Not without expanding those islands.

plain

There's room on Fisherman's Island but it's of course a wildlife refuge, so that's out.

I'm sure the CBBTC would rather leave out the operating costs for a new restaurant anyway, room for it or not.
Newark born, Richmond bred

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.