News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mountain West / Re: US 50 Bridge Failure Betwe...
Last post by hbelkins - Today at 01:31:49 PM
On my recent trip, there were signs on US 24 eastbound between I-70 and Leadville warning of construction on US 50 in that area. I also think I remember seeing similar signs on US 491 in the Cortez area.
Sports / Re: Arizona Coyotes players ap...
Last post by KeithE4Phx - Today at 01:26:36 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on Today at 11:09:52 AMHere's the Delta Center in Salt Lake City during an LA Kings preseason game last year. From what I understand, the NHL team will likely close off the seats at either end of the upper level because you can't see the goal at your end of the ice from up there.

This is similar to the situation at the Footprint Center in Phoenix (America West Arena at the time) that prevented the Coyotes from remaining there in 1998.
Northeast / Re: NYC Roads
Last post by RobbieL2415 - Today at 01:09:31 PM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 09:14:45 AM
Quote from: crispy93 on Today at 08:55:26 AMLooks like NYC will soon be able to lower its default speed limit (again) to 20 mph this time: https://archive.is/v6Gax

Meh.  25 mph was a good one.  If enforcement isn't cutting it now, it certainly won't at 20.
Is there even an objective, factual basis for this?
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Michigan Notes
Last post by vdeane - Today at 12:43:59 PM
Quote from: Rothman on April 18, 2024, 10:44:36 PMThey raise the speed limit, people will go 10+ over that...hence the biggest reason why the speed limits are kept low up here.
That feels like something "everyone knows" that isn't actually true.  Wish there was some education to get rid of that misconception.  There have been studies all over the place where states have raised their speed limits proving that this isn't the case, yet citizens and lawmakers ignore them.

In any case, with the rise of camera enforcement and the like, if we don't get a 70 mph speed limit in NY, I'll likely soon be forced to choose between risking tickets or every major trip taking 30-60 minutes longer than present.  Memorizing camera locations, enforcement tolerances, etc. and having to behave differently in every place even when the posted speed limit is the same is not a game that I want to play.
Quote from: J N Winkler on April 18, 2024, 04:35:41 PMI am happy to restore it with that part removed, or to send you the entire text via PM so you can repost without it.

Please do this.
Road Enthusiasts Meetings / Re: SWPA25 Road Enthusiast Mee...
Last post by Alps - Today at 12:39:29 PM
There's a Pirates game the Friday night before that I would happily attend. I've heard the park is a wonderful experience. If anyone wants to join me please text, email or otherwise drop me a line so we can get tickets together!
Southeast / Re: I-40 in North Carolina
Last post by bob7374 - Today at 12:39:04 PM
More news on I-40, new interchange is opening in Johnston County just south of the (soon to be former) NC 42 exit:
https://www.ncdot.gov/news/press-releases/Pages/2024/2024-04-19-new-1-40-interchange-johnston.aspx
Southeast / Re: I-55 Bridge in Memphis
Last post by Plutonic Panda - Today at 12:34:46 PM
Good deal! I watched the video and there are renderings in it. Your wording did confuse me a bit about the number of travel lanes added. It looks the bridge will have 3 lanes each way with two being GP lanes and one being an auxiliary lane. I'm guessing the third auxiliary lane will exit at Crump BLVD.
Off-Topic / Re: Business Marquees which fe...
Last post by WillWeaverRVA - Today at 12:21:48 PM
58 Restaurant in Ringgold, VA (closed in 2016)...but with the wrong shield:

There's also the Route 58 Deli in Virginia Beach, which is also permanently closed and also has incorrect shields, but it's Virginia Beach so no one has any idea what the correct shield should be anyway.

Eat 33 in Richmond, VA.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.