News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Re: District of Columbia

Started by cpzilliacus, December 12, 2013, 10:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

WTOP Radio: Same vanity plate in two states results in confusing ticket

QuoteA McLean, Va., driver received a confusing speed camera ticket from D.C. which had his vanity plate listed for a vehicle that didn't belong to him.

QuoteThe ticket was issued on Oct. 30 to the vehicle for going 36 mph in a 25 mph zone on the 2200 block of K Street NW. Two weeks later, Ed Merlis received a copy of his ticket in the mail. The license plate on the ticket is "ANDARE," the Italian word for go.

Quote"I was surprised to get the ticket. But I was really shocked when I looked at the vehicle and saw it was attached to a blue Toyota hatchback. It was my license plate, but I don't own a blue Toyota. I own a red Alfa Romeo convertible, they're very, very different cars," says Merlis.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Brandon

^^ This is why these cameras are just wrong.  The reason why DC sent the ticket out without really taking a hard look at it is because they want money.  Nothing more - greedy bastards.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Dr Frankenstein

Reason #1,602 why speed and red light cameras are a bad thing in practice.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.