News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

OH 238 - is it still there?

Started by route17fan, July 09, 2015, 11:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

route17fan

So I went out today to clinch more routes and tried to locate OH 238. Based on the map and corresponding Wikipedia article, it was not where it is supposed to be - instead it was posted as OH 38. I had passed a Cargill plant on the way in to Bloomingburg and it gave it's address as being on OH 238 but no 238 shields are on it - has it been decommissioned? Just curious.
John Krakoff - Cleveland, Ohio

NE2

Did you go to the north end to see if 38 is still signed left and straight?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

route17fan

Yes indeed and found (at least where it should have been) was just signed as straight ahead. I'm thinking if it was decommissioned it was very recent.

vtk

Yes, the change occurred last fall, I believe. Most of the signs changed at that time, though there were a few in Bloomingburg and on old 38 still indicating the old designation. As of this spring, all signs in Bloomingburg have been corrected.  I haven't yet observed old 38 this year, so I don't know if any 38 shields remain there or if the county has put up name blades.

I believe I shared my observations in Erroneous Road Signs.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

route17fan

Gotcha - thank you for the information.  :)

Bitmapped

It appears that Fayette County took over was had been SR 38 between Bloominburg and Washington Court House. SR 238 was renumbered to SR 38, with that road now ending at US 62/SR 3 northeast of Washington Court House. See http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:cmiTV85tTlIJ:www.madison-press.com/news/home_top-news/152205261/County-Engineer-updates-townships+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

bejacob

Quote from: vtk on July 10, 2015, 09:24:05 AM
Yes, the change occurred last fall, I believe. Most of the signs changed at that time, though there were a few in Bloomingburg and on old 38 still indicating the old designation. As of this spring, all signs in Bloomingburg have been corrected.  I haven't yet observed old 38 this year, so I don't know if any 38 shields remain there or if the county has put up name blades.

I recently drove the old part of OH 38 that has now been turned over to the county. It appears almost all of the OH 38 signs are gone, though at least one is still up just north of Washington Court House. It was the only one I saw until I reached where the junction of OH 38 & OH 238 had been. From there along what had been OH 238, there were just OH 38 signs.

Mr. Matté

The state's DESTAPE file has also been updated to reflect the removal of 238.

vtk

Quote from: Mr. Matté on August 25, 2015, 01:37:11 PM
The state's DESTAPE file has also been updated to reflect the removal of 238.

That's a resource I'd never heard of before.  Well it's good to know there's something more up-to-date than the [last-updated-2009] Straight Line Diagrams...
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.