AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: I wonder why ACSC didn't have a Los Angeles County map showing Interstate 5 U.C.  (Read 4864 times)

ACSCmapcollector

• Last Login: May 25, 2019, 08:53:06 PM

I have a Los Angeles County map from ACSC, Automobile Club of Southern California, and it shows below Gorman, at Interstate 5 under construction. However, it doesn't show Interstate 5 under construction in the Santa Clarita Valley because it was published in 1967.  I usually try to purchase those types of old street and road maps from ACSC in the 1960s and 1970s on E-bay, am I missing something due to the cataloging year by year basis?

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: March 11, 2024, 12:16:05 AM

what
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

ACSCmapcollector

You just missed the subject matter, NE2.

Quillz

• A Talking Pokémon

• Last Login: March 15, 2024, 10:13:27 PM

Many of the maps published by the Division of Highways showed proposed interstate highway corridors, including Interstate 5.

ACSCmapcollector

Many of the maps published by the Division of Highways showed proposed interstate highway corridors, including Interstate 5.

I am talking about the Santa Clarita Valley area around Newhall and Valencia, old U.S 99 was converted into Interstate 5 in my own stopping grounds, however ACSC didn't show that portion of the Golden State Freeway under construction in 1966, but completed in 1967 to near Castaic at the CA 126 interchange.

Quillz

• A Talking Pokémon

• Last Login: March 15, 2024, 10:13:27 PM

Well I guess ACSC only chose to map completed highways. Other mapmakers did their own thing.

ACSCmapcollector

Well I guess ACSC only chose to map completed highways. Other mapmakers did their own thing.

Especially on 4 lane expressways, Quill?  The portion of Interstate 5 from Castaic to near Gorman was under construction on the same map I purchased from E-bay, from the ACSC.

coatimundi

• Last Login: April 17, 2020, 12:42:35 AM

Send that map back with demands for a refund...

As I understand it, maps typically showed rputes under construction to indicate the possibility that the road may be open since we're usually published toward the beginning of the year, thus meaning that data was typically from the previous year. I would think AAA would be somewhat conservative in that respect, not wanting to show a more desirable route where one does not actually exist.

But send it back. Obviously a fake.

ACSCmapcollector

As I understand it, maps typically showed rputes under construction to indicate the possibility that the road may be open since we're usually published toward the beginning of the year, thus meaning that data was typically from the previous year. I would think AAA would be somewhat conservative in that respect, not wanting to show a more desirable route where one does not actually exist.

Why would it be a fake, when there is a copyright notice on the map and it came from ACSC? Other Los Angeles Freeways were under construction too, this was not a fake map.  AAA and ACSC I think a a bit seperate. Coatimundi when it comes down to their cartography.

compdude787

• Last Login: March 05, 2024, 09:47:57 PM

Why would it be a fake, when there is a copyright notice on the map and it came from ACSC? Other Los Angeles Freeways were under construction too, this was not a fake map.  AAA and ACSC I think a a bit seperate. Coatimundi when it comes down to their cartography.

Don't you know sarcasm when you read it?

sdmichael

I am talking about the Santa Clarita Valley area around Newhall and Valencia, old U.S 99 was converted into Interstate 5 in my own stopping grounds, however ACSC didn't show that portion of the Golden State Freeway under construction in 1966, but completed in 1967 to near Castaic at the CA 126 interchange.

I-5 was built in segments in the Santa Clarita Valley. From Castaic to Castaic Junction, it was 1967. Castaic Junction to Saugus Junction - 1964, Saugus Junction to Calgrove Blvd - 1968. Calgrove Blvd to the top of Weldon Summit - 1967.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.