News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

William H Natcher Parkway Extension

Started by codyg1985, March 25, 2010, 01:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgk920

Quote from: VFRinTN on July 12, 2011, 01:44:55 AM
Thanks...  I like to make sure when I'm visiting a "new" (to me, at least) forum...  It IS a wee bit annoying to have original-sized files posted, I agree.  ;)

If and when we get back up that way, I'll shoot more as I'm able.  :)

Thanx!

An airplane is a tool that I often wish that I had access to whenever I head out to check up on road construction progress!  Do you have any recent aerials of the Pennyrile Parkway extension near Hopkinsville, KY?

Mike

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on August 06, 2011, 01:53:15 PM
Google maps had updated their satellite imagery of the area showing the progress of the Natcher extension.
http://maps.google.com/?ll=36.908965,-86.423521&spn=0.026697,0.054932&t=k&z=15

Thanks for posting that.  Seems like they are going to be putting in C/D lanes on I-65 for the interchange.  Smart move KYTC.

hbelkins

The Natcher extension is going to open this Thursday, Nov. 3, following a ribbon-cutting ceremony.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

mgk920

Quote from: mgk920 on August 06, 2011, 03:20:56 PM
Quote from: VFRinTN on July 12, 2011, 01:44:55 AM
Thanks...  I like to make sure when I'm visiting a "new" (to me, at least) forum...  It IS a wee bit annoying to have original-sized files posted, I agree.  ;)

If and when we get back up that way, I'll shoot more as I'm able.  :)

Thanx!

An airplane is a tool that I often wish that I had access to whenever I head out to check up on road construction progress!  Do you have any recent aerials of the Pennyrile Parkway extension near Hopkinsville, KY?

Mike

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=36.79277628339542~-87.49204118156891&lvl=12&dir=0&sty=a&form=LMLTCC

:cool:

Mike

rickmastfan67

Quote from: hbelkins on October 30, 2011, 10:32:26 AM
The Natcher extension is going to open this Thursday, Nov. 3, following a ribbon-cutting ceremony.

Is there going to be a list posted online of what exit numbers are going to be switched and when?

hbelkins

The only thing I know is that one of the KYTC districts posted something on their Facebook page about the change several weeks ago. Basically, everything is increasing by two.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: hbelkins on October 31, 2011, 10:25:32 AM
The only thing I know is that one of the KYTC districts posted something on their Facebook page about the change several weeks ago. Basically, everything is increasing by two.

Is the new section closer to 2 miles or over 2.5?  If it's over 2.5, I could see some exit numbers going up by 3 if they are above the .5 mile marker in their segment.

ShawnP

2 or plus 2.5 oh lord. Your'e going to confuse alot of Kentuckians.

hbelkins

I went plowing through the Facebook updates of Districts 2 and 3 and did not see the post about the exit numbers changing that I remembered seeing several months ago. The best way to confirm would be to keep track of the county maps and the official order listings on KYTC's maps page.

rickmastfan67

Alright HB.  But if you do somehow get access to an official list, please post it.  I do want to add this extension correctly to the CHM site. ;)

hbelkins

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on November 02, 2011, 08:51:17 PM
Alright HB.  But if you do somehow get access to an official list, please post it.  I do want to add this extension correctly to the CHM site. ;)

I'll pose the question to my counterpart in Bowling Green and see what info she can give me.

rickmastfan67

hbelkins

Just got it confirmed. Everything goes up by two miles. Exit 48 at Hartford becomes Exit 50. Exit 70 at Owensboro becomes Exit 72. And so on...

rickmastfan67

Quote from: hbelkins on November 03, 2011, 11:36:22 AM
Just got it confirmed. Everything goes up by two miles. Exit 48 at Hartford becomes Exit 50. Exit 70 at Owensboro becomes Exit 72. And so on...

Alright.  Thanks HB.  And the KY-622 exit number is #1, right?

hbelkins

Now that, I do not know. Will have to make a further inquiry.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: hbelkins on November 04, 2011, 08:40:24 PM

Alright, HB.  I appreciate the help in this.  In fact, I'll go add the "new" exit numbers to the Natcher in OSM right now (if somebody hasn't beaten me to it) and hold off giving KY-622's interchange it's number till you get conformation.  Also, once you do find out it's number, I'll submit the update to the Tim for the CHM project. ;)

And I-65's Exit number's going 1 > 3, or 1 > 2?  That's the only exit that adding "2" to didn't make 100% sense because it was the beginning of the highway (should have been "0" originally IMO like I-264).  Just want to be 100% sure of it for when I submit my update. ;)

tidecat

I noticed on I-65, the exit for Scottsville Road has "Scottsville" greened out and just lists "Bowling Green".  Scottsville and Owensboro are listed as control cities for the Natcher Parkwy on I-65.
Clinched: I-264 (KY), I-265 (KY), I-359 (AL), I-459 (AL), I-865 (IN)

hbelkins

Quote from: tidecat on November 29, 2011, 10:04:46 PM
I noticed on I-65, the exit for Scottsville Road has "Scottsville" greened out and just lists "Bowling Green".  Scottsville and Owensboro are listed as control cities for the Natcher Parkwy on I-65.

Greened out, or has Scottsville simply been removed? Kentucky typically doesn't use greenout.

There will be a project start next year to revamp the I-65/US 231 interchange and, I think, make some improvements to US 231 north of I-65. I think the exit is going to become a SPUI.

ShawnP

Project is badly needed as that side of Bowling Green has boomed.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on November 03, 2011, 09:20:26 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 03, 2011, 11:36:22 AM

Alright.  Thanks HB.  And the KY-622 exit number is #1, right?
Quote from: hbelkins on November 04, 2011, 08:40:24 PM

HB, I just noticed the Bowling Green City SPRS map was updated to include the new segment of the Natcher from I-65 to US-231.  Only problem is that they didn't update the exit numbers on it.

So, is there any update on what KY-622's exit number is?  Same with the I-65 interchange since I think it might be #2 instead of 3 (#1 +2).

It's the only thing that is holding me up from releasing the Natcher update @ CHM.

hbelkins

Plano Road is Exit 2. I-65 is Exit 2A and Exit 2B. Everything else went up by 2.

I-65 is now Exit 20A and Exit 20B.

rickmastfan67

Thanks HB.  Made the corrections to my files and will be sending them along to Tim to be updated at CHM.

I'll also put those new exit numbers into OSM. ;)

NE2

Doesn't the MUTCD prohibit having both 2 and 2A-B in the same direction?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

Quote from: NE2 on December 08, 2011, 04:36:47 PM
Doesn't the MUTCD prohibit having both 2 and 2A-B in the same direction?
Yeah, that'd have to be A-B-C.

hbelkins

My bad. Plano Road is Exit 1. Got my info from my counterpart in Bowling Green and will have to double-check the email she sent me tomorrow. I suspect I just made a typo.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.