To date, I am not an Interstate shield collector. Also, I am an exteme newbie regarding poring over construction plans. Nevertheless, I do have a question.
AHTD recently awarded the paving contract for I-49 to U.S. 71 2 miles north of Texarkana:
(1) Looking at maps, it appears that, at the I-49/U.S. 71 junction 2 miles north of Texarkana, U.S. 71 is in Texas (although extremely close to Arkansas state line);
(2) Is (assumed already graded) ramp from U.S. 71 to I-49 entirely within Texas?;
(3) If so, does AHTD/TxDOT have plans for an I-49 reassurance shield on Texas side of state line?
(4) If so, does Texas emblazon "Texas" on its Interstate shields?
(5) If so, would this be the only "I-49/Texas" shield in existence (possibly for decades)?
Just thought this would be an interesting (and unique for a long time) oddity.