As I trace US 66 through St. Louis, I'll also be traveling at least a few of the roads around the city. So I have a chance to see some "must-sees."
1) Are there any I-44/55/64/70 shields left? Or at least three of the four?
2) Does I-64 (aka US 40) west of the city have anything interesting left from before it was upgraded to Interstate standards?
3) The MacArthur bridge stub looks accessible from the west approach. So accessible I could drive up onto it. Is this ill-advised? Can I at least walk up there? If I can't drive up, where can I park?
4) Relatedly. it looks like the eastern approach is barricaded - good thing, it's been partially torn down. Is that something I can walk up?
5) Any button copy left, whether on a freeway or connecting road?
6) Besides the Miss River crossings, any important (especially truss) bridges I need to be seeing?
7) Any road closures that won't show up on online maps, or that are planned in the next couple of months?
8) Your comments here.
(Edit: I'll separate out the other thread from Tulsa to west of STL, because I think they will turn up different results.)