Colorado Gateway @ AARoads
Sitemap to all pages covering the state of Colorado. Many thanks to David Wilson, Joe Lockhart, Kenyon Schuett and Matthew Salek for accompanying us on these roadtrips through the Centennial State. Photography contributions by Alex Nitzman, Andy Field and Brent Ivy.
City / Area Guides:
|State Population||4,301,261||Top County Populations||Denver||554,636||Jefferson||527,056||El Paso||516,929||Arapahoe||487,967||Adams||363,857||Boulder||291,288||Larimer||251,494||Weld||180,936||Douglas||175,766||Top City Populations||Denver||554,636||Colorado Springs||360,890||Aurora||276,393||Lakewood||144,126||Fort Collins||118,652||Arvada||102,153||Pueblo||102,121||Westminster||100,940||Boulder||94,673|
|Source: 2000 U.S. Census Data|
- Capital: Denver
- Nickname: Centennial State
- Colorado has an average elevation of 6,800 feet above sea level
- Over 50 mountain peaks in Colorado are over 14,000 feet above sea level (referred to as the "fourteeners")
- Area: 104,093.57 square miles or 269,596 square kilometers, 8th largest
- Statehood: 38th state; admitted August 1, 1876
- Total Interstate Mileage: 952.91 miles
- Highest Point: Mount Elbert (southwest of Leadville and east of Aspen) 14,433 Feet above Sea Level
Page Updated April 20, 2017.