A significant east-west corridor across the southern Central Valley and Mojave Desert, California 58 is a two-lane highway through the Coastal Range between U.S. 101 and Interstate 5 and a freeway-expressway connection between Bakersfield and Barstow.
California 58 Highway Guides
- San Luis Obispo County
- Kern County #1 - Temblor Range to Bakersfield
- Kern County #2 - Bakersfield to Tehachapi
- Kern County #3 - Tehachapi to Boron
- San Bernardino County - Boron to Barstow
- San Bernardino County - Barstow to Boron
- Kern County #1 - Boron to Tehachapi
- Kern County #2 - Tehachapi to Bakersfield
- Kern County #3 - Bakersfield to Temblor Range
- California 58 Business - Bakersfield, Tehachapi, Mojave, Boron
Ongoing upgrades to the corridor, including the recently completed Mojave Bypass, bring California 58 closer to freeway standards for the entire Bakersfield to Barstow route. California 58 replaced U.S. 466 between Bakersfield and Barstow during the Great Renumbering of 1964.
|Several power lines converge on a substation in Kramer Junction (Four Corners), which is the intersection between California 58 and U.S. 395. Photos taken 03/15/09.|
Page Updated August 26, 2009.