Historic U.S. 466
U.S. 466 was an east-west U.S. highway that extended from Morro Bay east to Kingman by way of California 41 through Atascadero, California 46 across the Central Valley, California 99 to Bakersfield, California 58 through Tehachapi and Mojave to Barstow, Interstate 15 to Baker and Las Vegas, and U.S. 93 to Boulder City, Hoover Dam, and Kingman. The route was decommissioned on July 1, 1964, and AASHO approved its elimination from I-15 in Baker to U.S. 66 in Kingman, Arizona on December 3, 1971. Remnant sections of this Historic U.S. are still drivable, and this page profiles some of those old alignments.
- California 58
- Historic U.S. 91 north & Historic 466 east
- Historic U.S. 466 west - Barstow - "Old Highway 58"
- Historic U.S. 466 west - Boron and Mojave (California 58 Business)
- Historic U.S. 466 west - Monitor to Tehachapi to Keene - Tehachapi Boulevard, Woodford-Tehachapi Road
- Historic U.S. 466 west - Caliente to Edison to Bakersfield - Caliente-Bodfish Road, Bena Road, Edison Highway
- California 46
|In Kramer Junction (Four Corners), an antique store on the outskirts of town just north of California 58 (Old U.S. 466) along U.S. 395 is home to a variety of old highway signs, some of which are shown here. Photos taken 03/15/09.|
Page Updated September 12, 2009.