News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

The BEST things!

Started by empirestate, August 16, 2013, 02:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empirestate

OK, so I go onto AARoads just now, and every single one of my updated topics includes the word "worse" or "worst" in its subject. We clearly need to inject some positive mojo up in here! So what's the best road-related thing you saw or that happened to you today? Doesn't have to be major, just has to be good.  :colorful:

I'll start: I just got home from a midday errand, and although street cleaning ended almost an hour ago, there was still a line of 4-5 parking spaces available just steps from my door! Plus, yesterday street cleaning was suspended (on the side I'd been parked), so I didn't have to get up early the morning after 1/2-price beer night to move the car!  :cheers: AND it was the second week in a row that street cleaning was suspended on a Thursday!!  :clap:

Now you go.

NE2

I took a satisfying poo after getting home from a drive.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Brandon

Quote from: NE2 on August 16, 2013, 02:30:01 PM

Was it a Christmas Poo that sang and danced?  That would definitely make it a "best of" IMHO.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

jeffandnicole

I managed, once again, not to crash a car into a river, a wall, a tree, a mountain, a house, an ocean, or another person.

Grzrd

Atlanta is enjoying record-breaking cool weather.

edit

My car's AC is not working and the outside air feels great!

texaskdog

Got a $100 pre-wedding gift today, it's a nice day in Austin, it's Friday.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Doctor Whom

I got to work without having to deal with tourists or protesters.

Grzrd

kj3400

I got paid today, despite not having had to work this week.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

empirestate

Quote from: NE2 on August 16, 2013, 02:30:01 PM

Oh, there's one I should add: Today I successfully predicted that the first response to my new thread would have something to do with crapping.

Alps

I'll have several hours of uninterrupted webpage editing. That will be the best thing.

Molandfreak

I enjoyed a cup of coffee with my uncle today, after working in the woods. :wave:
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

agentsteel53

Oregon 3 and Washington 129.  unexpectedly scenic!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Brian556

QuoteI took a satisfying poo after getting home from a drive.

Hey NE2, at least you waited until you got home. I used to work with a guy whom bragged about stopping on the side of the road on the way home from work, opening both passenger side doors for privacy, and letting it fly right there on the side of the road.

The High Plains Traveler

Quote from: Brian556 on August 17, 2013, 10:44:37 PM
QuoteI took a satisfying poo after getting home from a drive.

Hey NE2, at least you waited until you got home. I used to work with a guy whom bragged about stopping on the side of the road on the way home from work, opening both passenger side doors for privacy, and letting it fly right there on the side of the road.
In days of old, when knights were bold

And toilets weren't invented.

They laid their load beside the road

And went home quite contented.
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

Brian556

Kinda ironic that "just an old prairie dog" is discussing defecation.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.